How to clean zillow history

How to clean zillow history

Investor · Neptune Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 143 posts · 172 votes
Hi all! I have seen many people post that if you claim your properties on zillow, you can clean up the price history. I cant figure out how to do this. All of mine are claimed and i have edited information about each one but i cant seem to figure how to clean the price history. Thanks in advance for any insight
0Reply
251 views

Most Popular Reply

Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 111 posts · 155 votes
10y

Did you flag the PRICE HISTORY - there is a little flag click it and tell them, you are the owner and this information is affecting your true home value. as you are trying to resell it now with new renovations. Please remove this information. 

I have done it for wholesale deals, where after I sell it. I want to remove that 70% off arv price, so when the investor resells it, the new buyers wont sell the wholesale price. 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 354 posts · 167 votes
    10y

    @Tracy D. From my understanding you cannot clean sales price history on Zillow. It is the actual data based on MLS. If the MLS is incorrect, you may need to approach fixing the MLS.

    I have never been able to update it as well.

    If someone else has had success in updating the price history, please let us know.

  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 213 posts · 57 votes
    10y

    @Dan Perrott  Hi Tracy, I think Dan is right.. what i have heard is that the price history is based on public docs.  so that is what it is. to change it you need to change whatever public doc. is bugging you.

  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 880 votes
    10y

    Zillow pulls its information from a number of different sources including the MLS and local county records. It's like going out and trying to clean up your criminal background report. I personally have a home that was purchased with a partner. The partner eventually wanted out, so I purchased out their share. We refinanced the property to remove them from the title and loan and now Zillow shows that I purchased the home on that date for 50% of what the home was actually sold for originally. Is it accurate? Not really, but kind of. Can we do anything to change it? Not that I've found so far.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 111 posts · 155 votes
    10y

    Did you flag the PRICE HISTORY - there is a little flag click it and tell them, you are the owner and this information is affecting your true home value. as you are trying to resell it now with new renovations. Please remove this information. 

    I have done it for wholesale deals, where after I sell it. I want to remove that 70% off arv price, so when the investor resells it, the new buyers wont sell the wholesale price. 

  • Investor · Neptune Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 143 posts · 172 votes
    10y
    Thank you for the information
  • Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 531 posts · 266 votes
    10y

    You may want to contact them directly. I often times have to contact them in order to update my sales history. 

    They pull information from many different sources, MLS and public records.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.