Does wearing a suit really do the trick?

Does wearing a suit really do the trick?

Specialist · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

I have been pondering this lately. I have seen that almost universally, all the apartment complex investors and syndicators on here, in their profile picture are wearing suits. I would also imagine, that when speaking with banks, accredited investors, sellers, securities attorneys, etc. these same folks would most definitely be wearing more formal attire (correct me if I am wrong). Is it really possible to be "big time" without doing all this?

I am grateful to have done well for myself on a smale scale. In real estate, having worn shorts and a polo; and in medicine, wearing scrubs. What do you guys think? "Act as if"

1Reply
178 views

Most Popular Reply

Gino BarbaroPro Member
Rental Property Investor · St Augustine, FL · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y

@Andrey Y.

Andrey,

I think if you dress appropriately, and look the part, you will exude an air of confidence and it does something to your psyche.  Walk around with sweats all day, see how you feel.  Then dress us and notice the feeling.  If you feel good, then you will act accordingly.  Just my experience

Gino

See this reply in the discussion

41 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.