Investing in a vacant lot within subs with HOA

Investing in a vacant lot within subs with HOA

Consultant · Ball Ground, GA · Member since 2015 · 228 posts · 100 votes

I am looking into vacant lot in a subdivision with an HOA. Its a gated community in GA with mountain views. I would appreciate any info on: do the properties tend to not sell quickly, do you stay away from these properties or if its a deal then go for it.

Thanks,

Joe

0Reply
9 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2015 · 252 posts · 131 votes
    10y

    @Joe Mclain

    Is the area experiencing a lot of new home construction? Can you get the property at a deep discount? Does the property have infrastructure access (i.e. water, gas, sewer, roads, etc.)? The BP Podcast show 39 talks a little about how to be profitable buying and selling raw land

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/10/10/land-flipping-seth-williams/

    I would also look into the history of the property; why has it not been developed? What are the costs to develop the land? How much can you sell the property for once it is developed?

    I hope this helps,

    Allen Fletcher

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.