Wholesalers in New York / Niagara / Buffalo

Wholesalers in New York / Niagara / Buffalo

Investor · Brampton, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 4 votes

Hello,

I am fairly new to BP, but not new to real-estate. There's a WEALTH of invaluable knowledge here on BP and I'm hoping to get some advice from fellow members.

I'm a Canadian from Toronto looking to expand my portfolio in the U.S., either in New York, Buffalo, Niagara, since this area is about a 1.5hr drive for me. I am in discussion with another BP member from Florida on the market there but I was hoping if a fellow member can recommend a wholesaler they've worked with to help me with my first investment. Eventually, once I can get my feet wet in a closeby area, I would like to expand to other part of the states for another property, likely a multi-unit apartment.

I am primarily looking for a small 2 bed house to buy/hold at the moment. Hope fully this person has helped other Canadians in the past and  can get me in touch with a good cross-border accountant/lawyer/property manager.

Looking forward to all/any replies.

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · NY · Member since 2013 · 844 posts · 350 votes
10y

@Daljeet S. @Mark Ferguson has a great podcast interview from another investor from Canada who bought several properties in Florida you should check it out.

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · west seneca, NY · Member since 2014 · 376 posts · 211 votes
    10y

    hello daljeet. please check out my profile. as you can see, i am a real estate investor and a home inspector in the buffalo area. i have been doing this for quite a while in the buffalo area. i think the market is great, however, if you don't do your " homework", you can get hurt. i know of a couple of properties out there right now, and i always seem to have a " knack" for finding others. please keep in touch if you are interested.

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 334 posts · 215 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Daljeet S.:

    I'm a Canadian from Toronto looking to expand my portfolio in the U.S., either in New York, Buffalo, Niagara, since this area is about a 1.5hr drive for me.

    Hey Daljeet,

    Congratulations on embarking into the US market.  Are there any other reasons why you chose Buffalo? 

    If not, you may want to consider another city.  Buffalo's population has been in decline since the 60's and most of the infrastructure is heavily run down.

    The US market is huge and you have plenty of great cities to chose from.  If you're looking for cashflow I suggest taking a look at Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, or Memphis.

  • Investor · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 52 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    I have come across this turnkey company in Buffalo, has anyone worked with them?

    http://www.buffaloturnkeyproperties.com/

  • Investor · Brampton, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Hi Guys,

    Thank you for the replies!

    @Mark Elliott sent you a message.

    @Eric Delcol I am actually open to New York as a whole, anywhere within a 2-3 hour driving distance from Toronto to be honest. I would prefer my first property in the states to be close because I know I'll have to and want to make a few trips down even with a property manager. Once I get a hang of it, I would definetely invest in other parts.

  • Real estate investing · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 91 posts · 24 votes
    10y

    Hi Daljeet, I am originally from Rochester, NY and saw your post. I reside in Jacksonville, FL and would love to hear more about the type of properties you are searching for. Welcome to BP!!

    Stacy

  • Rental Property Investor · NY · Member since 2013 · 844 posts · 350 votes
    10y

    @Daljeet S. @Mark Ferguson has a great podcast interview from another investor from Canada who bought several properties in Florida you should check it out.

  • Investor · Melbourne, Victoria · Member since 2015 · 203 posts · 58 votes
    10y

    Hi Daljeet

    Welcome to BP.  I have done some work in the Rochester area if that's of any help? 

    Cheers

    Lindsay

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Eddie T.:

    @Daljeet S. @Mark Ferguson has a great podcast interview from another investor from Canada who bought several properties in Florida you should check it out.

     Thanks for the mention. That was anil walia who I interviewed

  • Investor · Brampton, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    @Eddie T. Thank you so much!!

    @Mark Ferguson - Great podcast! I am going to connect with him to see if we can do a joint venture, he's also from Toronto it seems.

  • Rental Property Investor · NY · Member since 2013 · 844 posts · 350 votes
    10y

    @Daljeet S. How many properties are you planning on purchasing? 

  • Investor · Brampton, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    To be honest, at this point I am looking more to setup a team of one or more of accountant, lawyer, property manager, real estate agent/wholesaler, by getting a 80+k SFH/MFH, once I am comfortable with my first investment in the U.S. I am looking to purchase 2 x 30+ unit apartments in the near future.

  • Investor · Brampton, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    @Eddie T. couldn't tag you on my last post...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.