Buying in WA : Bremerton vs Tacoma

Buying in WA : Bremerton vs Tacoma

Investor · Redmond, WA · Member since 2016 · 267 posts · 110 votes

I am debating weather to go for Tacoma or Bremerton for my next property. I have one under contract in Tacoma with roughly1% rule. i was thinking about sticking to Tacoma, as I am getting familiar with the city, but then Bremerton also looks attractive.

What do you think of appreciation outlook in Bremerton? Will it outpace Tacoma, let's say in next 3 years?

0Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · PO, WA · Member since 2015 · 197 posts · 95 votes
    10y

    i say price appreciation in Bremerton is better than tacoma because tacoma has already seen a significant increase in pricing.  longer term I also think the potential in Bremerton is greater given the proximity to seattle (i.e. bremerton ferry to seattle and the chance to add a high speed ferry option that will cut the commute in half!!).  also, where else in Puget Sound can you buy a home (yes, small and simple home but its a home nonetheless) for less than $200K, be near the Sound, stress free commute to Seattle, etc.  Yes, Bremerton has some work to do. i.e. there remain some rough areas and it can feel run down in others, but the bones are there and with Puget Sound becoming a hot place to live, the most affordable area is Kitsap County.  Do a drive around some of the neighborhoods near the ship yard and notice how many of the homes are being/have been rehabbed, notice how many people are maintaining their homes, etc.  its turning around but it will take time (i bet you won't recognize Bremerton in 10-yrs)

  • Tacoma, WA · Member since 2015 · 141 posts · 29 votes
    10y

    I live in Tacoma and yes, I am looking for a realestate investor to partner with. There are some NICE areas in Tacoma or, university place. If you are interested in partnering with me please message me and we can talk. Property values are climbing. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.