Where do you personally invest in Canada?

Where do you personally invest in Canada?

Real Estate Agent · Victoria, British Columbia · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes

Hi team,

What part of Canada do you invest in? (province,cities) What are your vacancy rates? Average rents for the area? Average price point?

- I am in Victoria, British Columbia, Saanich East (exploring Nanaimo, North End)

- Rental vacancy <1% - Highly competitive.

- Average rents for a 5 bedroom 3 bath house with suite - $2800-$3200

- Multi-family duplex/Tri/Quad between $1500-$1800 per unit.

- Average cost for a home present day $700,000.00 (compared to a roughly $560,000.00 average in January 2015)

I am very interested in hearing what you guys have to say!

Cheers!

0Reply
8 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Kelowna, British Columbia · Member since 2015 · 136 posts · 54 votes
    10y

    Hi Taylor l

    The  Victoria area is great and appreciates well overtime so as long you cash flow keep going at it.

    I am in the Okanagan which is good but the prices are climbing too fast and to cash flow is becoming harder. There's just much the market will be able to accept as far as rental cost hence making harder to find cash flow opportunities

    Edison

  • Real Estate Agent · Victoria, British Columbia · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Edison Reis:

    Hi Taylor l

    The  Victoria area is great and appreciates well overtime so as long you cash flow keep going at it.

    I am in the Okanagan which is good but the prices are climbing too fast and to cash flow is becoming harder. There's just much the market will be able to accept as far as rental cost hence making harder to find cash flow opportunities

    Edison

     Hey Edison,

    Thanks for the response! Interesting. I can imagine most cities outside of Vancouver are experiencing a taste of the craziness. 

    I will be in Kelowna next month. I will have to see how it compares to Victoria and Nanaimo.

    Kindly,

    Taylor

  • ., OH · Member since 2015 · 361 posts · 127 votes
    10y

    I've made a small habit of investing in their breweries over the years..    ;-)

    ..no clue about the homes though..

  • Real Estate Agent · Victoria, British Columbia · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Jay J.:

    I've made a small habit of investing in their breweries over the years..    ;-)

    ..no clue about the homes though..

     Whatever pays the bills!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.