Cheap cash SFR vs financed SFR or Multi unit for 1st deal?

Cheap cash SFR vs financed SFR or Multi unit for 1st deal?

Investor · Kyle, TX · Member since 2016 · 41 posts · 8 votes

I'm a new investor, economics background which means I understand math and maybe am grounded about appreciation or lack their of, however I came across "The book on rental property investing" and I again am realizing how much I know nothing.

What I am learning as I digest what I can from the book is that capex on a smaller home is similar to capex on a larger property.

Also, the property I am looking at is under 25k, and is not a rehab (not to my knowledge, inspection pending.).  I was planning on pulling cash out so that i can use that cash again, however now I am uncertain if that is even possible on a property this small.

I am wondering what are others thoughts on this topic?

Do you know any lenders that will do a cash out refi based on rental income for an SFR?

Or with 1 day seasoning for less than a 25k purchase?

Thanks in advance!

Jon

0Reply
11 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Syracuse, NY · Member since 2016 · 165 posts · 92 votes
    10y

    @Jonathan West It will be nearly impossible to find a lender on a loan size of $25k.   Even hard money guys need 50K+ to get interested.   I know of no lenders who loan on a value derived from the income approach (Until you hit multi million dollar commercial properties).

    Best of luck - Hopefully you can find a private investor/backer.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.