Can I wholesale to a retail buyer?

Can I wholesale to a retail buyer?

Real Estate Agent · Richardson, TX · Member since 2014 · 511 posts · 161 votes

Hi everyone,

I came across a deal that has enough equity to sell quickly but not enough equity to sell to a rehabber. The house is in good condition but it may need a few repairs to get it move-in ready. Assuming I line up a retail buyer who wishes to use conventional financing, will I be able to collect an assignment fee? Will the bank financing the transaction be ok with that? 

0Reply
16 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris MasonPro Member
    Moderator
    Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    10y

    @Shari Peterson

    @Shari Peterson that's your queue. 

    You can't wholesale. But you can "wholetail." I didn't know it was called that until after I closed one, heh. But if you want to give it a name I guess that works.

    Now your next challenge is to go find a lender local to you that even knows what "wholesaling" is, much less the extra tricky version where it goes to an end-buyer using fannie/freddie money. Good luck.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.