How to write an email to a potential bankruptcy seller

How to write an email to a potential bankruptcy seller

Residential Real Estate Broker · Bronx, NY · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 1 vote

Hi everyone!

I have a email list of people who are going through bankruptcies and their off market properties. Any tips on how I should write an email convincing them to sell, or at least preview their home without sounding offensive?   

Also, do you think it's better if I email, or cold call if I have their number?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Spencer

0Reply
12 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Spencer Trotman,

    You may want to re-think your approach.

    Why not just drop them a hand-written letter in a hand-written envelope with a 1st Class stamp stating your interest in buying a home in their neighborhood and asking if they know of any that might be for sale?

    After they heave a huge sigh of relief and get over the "too good to be true" moment (possibly a "Hallelujah!" or two), they'll likely respond to you by whatever method you suggest in your letter: e-mail, text, phone call, ...

    ... or not. Some remain in denial even thru the end of the process.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Bronx, NY · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Hey

    @David Dachtera 

    I've done yellow letters before but I didn't get a good response. The main reason I wanted to go to the email/cold call route is to save money. I'm fairly new in real estate and I'm trying to come up with alternative methods that won't break my pockets before I make a significant amount of money.

    I like the "asking if they know of any properties for sale" it seems much less intimidating. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.