What will happen when interest rates go up?

What will happen when interest rates go up?

Investor · Woodland Hills, CA · Member since 2016 · 51 posts · 12 votes
Hi guys and a happy Sunday to you all! I am predicting the rental income will go up as soon as interest rates go up. The reason I came up with this conclusion is because when interest rates go up it will make it harder for people to purchase a property for the price range they are looking for, in essence it will push people to rent.
0Reply
72 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
9y

I think the market will fall apart and we will enter a deep recession and potentially a huge crash

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    9y

    @Chris Low when I was running my HML shop in Oakland circa 1989-1993 we were 5 and 15. for one year.. it has defiantly dropped and does not follow prime rate as such

  • Investor · Redding, CA · Member since 2016 · 180 posts · 102 votes
    9y

    @Jay Hinrichs - thanks for the reply. That is really handy information! I've been wondering what would happen with hard money loans in the event of a crash. I'm sure conventional will be harder to get, at least for a time, but wasn't sure what to expect from HML.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.