Canadian investors

74 Replies

While I appreciate BP is a U.S based platform, I am always curious how many investors in Canada is lurking on this board, and lots of opportunities were missed. While our group focus mainly in Alberta, we would love to network with investors out in BC, ON, MB, SK, and the eastern region. 

I just like a show of hands to see who's active in this forum, and would like to focus on a Canadian cities for investment? 

Calgary here

Hello from Victoria, BC @Chris Chang  and @Steve R.

How are your markets?

@Chris Chang - I see from your profile you invest in rent-to-own - I would be keen to know more if possible please, as I am interested to do it here....what percentage of your real estate assets is rent-to-own?

Thank you,

Sarah Simpson

Hi I am in Ontario work here and in the states

Linda Labbe

Hello @Sarah Simpson , the Edmonton market is fairly stable, as we do mostly RTO here. Calgary market, as tough as it is (due to the oil and gas industry), we still believe that it's the market to be. We are definitely getting more inquiries into RTO since the new announcement of the new lending rules as it will tighten up the ability to qualify for properties.

As crazy as it sounds, RTO is doable in B.C, we do know people that does it in the red hot market of Vancouver. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Interesting thanks @Chris Chang - re the new lending rules, that's why I am interested in doing it here...not surprising you are getting more enquires...I may reach out to you in the future if you don't mind. Thanks again.

Hi, I'm in Calgary. Taking my first steps in real estate investing.

Hello everyone! I sure do miss Calgary, after living there for 25 years.

To add to your discussion, check out the forum topic list and look for 'Local Real Estate' as there is a Canadian section.
    Hope that helps!

There are many people from London active here.

I've seen many people from Ottawa, Toronto, East Coast.

A decent core group from Canada which area great at answering specific Canadian questions

Andy Welmers

Hi @Chris Chang , Montreal in the province of Quebec over here. Recently bought a multifamily.

Anyone on Canadian grounds, feel free to connect! Cheers.

I'm in Ontario and I'm changing my focus to mobile home parks. Looking forward to connecting!

@Marc Lavoie Je suis de Montréal aussi. J'aime tes objectifs clairs et ta confiance. Je suis toujours aux études présentement, mais peut-être que dans le future il y aura des opportunités pour qu'on puisse travailler ensemble

Hey!

From Montreal, Quebec and recently just purchased a Multifamily property.

is there anyone here on BP getting properties below market value?, say 15 or even 20 percent  below to have a enough gap for profit in the Montreal area?

@Chris Chang - Toronto here! Or as the kids like to say #the6 :)

I'm also exiting from Waterloo. Just put a property up for sale there!

@Ming Lim we will eventually have meet up when you are here! What's your take on student rental in Waterloo?

@Chris Chang - Yes, I love Edmonton as a place to invest - I certainly plan on getting back out there!

Ahh student rentals. They cash flow well, but students can be a real pain. I think it you're willing to put in the work to manage them, they can be a great investments. It's what attracted me to them in the first place.

But I'm at a different point in my investing now. For me, my time is better spent managing contractors these days.

Just bought our first multifamily in Northern Ontario - loving it so far! Looking to stick close to home for now since my partner and I are planning to house hack to get the ball rolling. Hopefully someday we will be able to invest at a distance as our portfolio grows.

Hello All,

I'm a lender in California and I can help any of you looking to buy state side.  By the way I was born in Toronto, raised in Oakville, Ont and now live in California for 16 years now :)  

Cheers!

Shaun Weekes

Hi @Chris Chang thanks for starting the conversation. I'm an investor and mortgage agent in SW Ontario. I'm always willing to connect and chat about the trends in my area. Msg me anytime!

@Chris Chang

Hi Chris,

I invest in London, ON and currently live in Toronto, ON

I've heard a lot of buzz about the market in Edmonton so looking forward to hearing from you!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
        • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
        • Learn how to get started with or without money,
        • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
        • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.