Land Deal in Santa Cruz County

5 Replies

Hello guys,

I am currently working on a land deal in Santa Cruz county that had some timber wood on the land. I would like to wholesale it but don't know any land buyer (I never work on a land deal before). Can someone show me the way on how to evaluate the land and the wood? How do I find land buyer? Does wholesaling land the same with wholesale houses?

Thank You!

Raw land is harder to sell than houses usually..its a smaller pool of buyers. To estimate the harvestable timber you'd use a registered forester to estimate board feet,,but they need to make a timber harvest plan as some areas are hard to access. It used to be you'd 'take a tree..leave a tree' in Santa Cruz County..not sure but I expect its that way still.

Good luck

Hi, I'm a land buyer in Santa Cruz county. I'd like to learn more about what you are selling. Please pm me.

Also, it takes years and a lot of money to harvest timber. Its a money loser, not maker, in that area, unfortunately.

Jen

Hello Erick , I was wondering if your land deal was still on the table? What were the details?

@Jenifer Levini   well some parcels are not financially feasible to log.. but others you can make huge money.. I have done well out in the moutains north of Guerneville over the years

I did look at some stands in santa cruz when I lived in Palo Alto.... pretty tough rules there.

there ws at the time exclusions for small harvest were a homesite would go.

but I bet like others have said they are protecting the old growth.. as well they should

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.