Newburgh and Poughkeepsie, NY

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Bronx, NY · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 4 votes
9y

I purchased a house in Newburgh. I heard all of the horror stories, but I had to try it for myself. It looks a lot scarier than it actually is. I held the house for three years, rented it (it was a two family). I had no issues (proper screening, thanks Bigger Pockets!!). Sold it in 30 days (cause I wanted the money to do it again without using my savings). I just got an accepted offer on house number 2 and I'm waiting to hear back about house number 3.

You have to know what you can handle. I have looked past the "war zone" areas and comments and I see the numbers. If it works buy it.

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New York, NY · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    6y
    Originally posted by @Ray A Delfi:

    @Muneza Ndeze and you did close, we met at the Poughkeepsie meet up. How’s everything going with the property?

     Yea I closed, it's been good so far, luckily no tenants are out of work with covid. Hope things are going well on your end, lets connect!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.