List of mulit family homes

List of mulit family homes

Rental Property Investor · Oak Park, MI · Member since 2013 · 222 posts · 35 votes
Greetings everyone I've noticed there aren't many 4plexes on the MLS , so I wanted to know where can I find a List of 4family homes in Oakland county Michigan , thinking of cold calling owners to make them offers,any help would be appreciated . Thank you
0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Property Manager · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2015 · 251 posts · 129 votes
9y

@Tereal Wilsonn,

I think you are on point with calling the owners, you never know when you might find someone that is tired of the property but just had not committed to putting it for sale. I would do a bunch of research on cold calling and come up with some kind of script, even it's just certain talking points to hit that allow you to move on to the next one. I wouldn't jump right to an offer and I would try to think of an exit strategy that goes along with each point that allows you to make a clean exit while leaving the door open in the future incase they change their mind or their circumstances change. My wife has landed a few deals working with FSBOs this way and it was awkward at first, but you refine the process with practice. @Allison Cole, you got anything more specific to add?

Best of Luck

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2015 · 251 posts · 129 votes
    9y

    @Tereal Wilsonn,

    I think you are on point with calling the owners, you never know when you might find someone that is tired of the property but just had not committed to putting it for sale. I would do a bunch of research on cold calling and come up with some kind of script, even it's just certain talking points to hit that allow you to move on to the next one. I wouldn't jump right to an offer and I would try to think of an exit strategy that goes along with each point that allows you to make a clean exit while leaving the door open in the future incase they change their mind or their circumstances change. My wife has landed a few deals working with FSBOs this way and it was awkward at first, but you refine the process with practice. @Allison Cole, you got anything more specific to add?

    Best of Luck

  • Investor · Pearland, TX · Member since 2016 · 246 posts · 136 votes
    9y

    search your area craigslist or rentals.com or apartments.com or any sites that offer rentals and see if there are any rentals in 4 plexes.. if so, call those landlords and see if they'll sell.

  • Real Estate Agent · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2015 · 542 posts · 193 votes
    9y
    Have you tried the website Loopnet? Not sure if they'll have anything for you, but worth a peek.
  • Real Estate Agent · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    I think a script is a great idea. I also would come up with answers to common objections so you aren't off guard with certain questions/objections (however that may take some calls to find out what those are).  Good luck!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Oak Park, MI · Member since 2013 · 222 posts · 35 votes
    9y

    Thanks  @Zachary C., i think im gonna just go for it,

    thanks not a bad idea @William E.

    @Lydia S. I sure have tried loopnet, and guess what, they have squat, guess i gotta hit the pavement ya know

    @Allison cole thanks abunch

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.