Old Real Estate rehab - Columbus, OH

Old Real Estate rehab - Columbus, OH

Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 44 posts · 9 votes
I'm getting ready to buy my first rehab property. I'd like to partner with a person with lots of experience in older real estate and I'll split the profits I just need you to ride shotgun, provide quality guidance and help me avoid pitfalls. I'll manage the rehab so that you don't have to be bogged down in the day to day. Thanks!
1Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 852 votes
9y

Hi Mark,

If ya wanna do Cleveland I would be open to chatting. Heck maybe even Mansfield, but not Columbus. unless you have a Helicopter and pick me up. LOL

I will be there speaking at the REIA event in March, and the Arnold classics.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 852 votes
    9y

    Hi Mark,

    If ya wanna do Cleveland I would be open to chatting. Heck maybe even Mansfield, but not Columbus. unless you have a Helicopter and pick me up. LOL

    I will be there speaking at the REIA event in March, and the Arnold classics.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Pickerington, OH · Member since 2012 · 230 posts · 139 votes
    9y

    @Mark Crowder  Can you be a little more specific?  Is this a historic property?

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 44 posts · 9 votes
    9y
    Rob Gillespie I'd love to work with you! I don't have anything in the northeast right now. Do you have any opportunities on the table that you personally don't want to manage but would like to bring a partner along on? Like I said, 50/50. I'll look forward to seeing you, either way, in a few months.
  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 44 posts · 9 votes
    9y
    Matt Stewart I don't think it qualifies as a historic, it was just originally built in the 1800s. Maybe it could be a historic and I can get funding for that. I'm not sure.
  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Mark Crowder:

    Matt Stewart I don't think it qualifies as a historic, it was just originally built in the 1800s. Maybe it could be a historic and I can get funding for that. I'm not sure.

     Great to hear that Mark, what area did you end up targeting?

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 44 posts · 9 votes
    9y
    Robert Ellis Hey Robert! This one is in Reynoldsburg. Have you rehabbed properties built before 1900?
  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Everything near downtown is before 1900. I've owned 2 properties before then and sold a lot more of them. Big thing is checking out the plaster, electrical, and plumbing. Very often gets very expensive and without being in areas that are $150 a foot or more you have to be really tight on your rehab numbers. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.