Developer · Hobart, IN · Member since 2014 · 773 posts · 225 votes
9y
@Carlos Cardenas We use Google Drive every single day non stop. We use spreadsheets for our proformas, running the numbers quickly, tracking offers... It is a huge tool that we use every day.
Developer · Hobart, IN · Member since 2014 · 773 posts · 225 votes
9y
@Carlos Cardenas We use Google Drive every single day non stop. We use spreadsheets for our proformas, running the numbers quickly, tracking offers... It is a huge tool that we use every day.
Real Estate Investor · Encinitas, CA · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
9y
Carlos Cardenas I'll throw in another vote for Google Drive. It's where I keep my pro-forma templates and I can access it anywhere (even the mobile phone). I'm also a fan of Alerts on Trulia to track new properties hitting the market and price reductions. This runs afoul of any off-market strategies but the Alerts let me at least ask for a T12 easily and timely. Last but not least I like AppFolio. It lets me get my monthly statements and look at historical expenses in one spot.
Flipper/Rehabber · Warren, MI · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 15 votes
9y
as far as apps:
Tydlig. It's a calculator that shows you everything on one page and if you change just one number in the equation, it recalculates everything just like that. For example, if you change .70 to .80, everything recalculates. It also stays on the screen for when you open the app next. Every investor should use it.
Podio is amazing. Everything I have in the pipeline is in there. The website is best but the app is nice to just update, like after speaking to a seller again, etc. Easy update w/o having to go into the site.
IFTTT: have not used it yet, but this app basically makes the Internet work for you.
I'll throw another vote in for Google Drive and Docs. Hard to think how business even worked before these things existed. On the fly changes within our small group and the ability to access from our phones, it's invaluable.
Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 694 votes
9y
@Carlos Cardenas I use the Ecamm call recorder, it's a separate app on my Mac. It automatically starts on my computer whenever someone calls in with facetime or skype. This way after a walkthrough of a property I have a video to go back to it when I want to estimate rehab costs and figure out what to offer.
Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2016 · 267 posts · 214 votes
9y
@Carlos Cardenas Carlos, the one tool you need is a good ol' fashioned telephone. Most real estate transactions are done in person, and you get to meet those people by picking up the phone and calling them. Sure, all the other tools are important to organize your business, but there wouldn't be a business without the phone.
As for organization, Google Drive is the best in my opinion, hands down.
@Lynda Duke Lynda, Google Drive is a hub of many different tools in which you can share your activity with others, and edit documents/spreadsheets/etc. simultaneously. It's critical so that documents don't have to be constantly changing hands.