SW Florida - Tampa, St Pete's, Largo, Seminole

SW Florida - Tampa, St Pete's, Largo, Seminole

Milton, VT · Member since 2014 · 38 posts · 9 votes

I'm an investor from VT, but have been investing out of state (mainly in MO, most recently in OH) the past few years.  We've grown our portfolio (my wife and I) much faster than we originally planned - seems that is not unusual, but we are possibly looking at opportunities in SW FL.

I will be in the Largo beaches area Apr 21 - 26 and am looking for a potential partner in the area to help find deals. What I am looking for is a Realtor and/or PM or combination of both that has an excellent track record in SW FL who can steer me away from trash properties. My strategy is a boring but lower risk one - safe areas with good schools SFR 3BR 1+ bath. I don't consider multi-family at this time. Thanks!

2Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Chidi NwadikePro Member
Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2016 · 47 posts · 15 votes
9y

I'm in Miami but I just spent the weekend in the area Tampa Bay area. I really enjoyed Downtown St. Petersburg a lot of trendy establishments, there's a USF campus and some cultural attractions. Good luck to you up there, I'm sure one our BP members will find you something good.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Agent / Investor · Clearwater, FL · Member since 2014 · 573 posts · 281 votes
    9y
    Christopher Fougere I would be glad to assist you with your search, I will send you a PM.
  • Investor · Bowie, MD · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    @Christopher Fougere how is/was the OH market?  I've heard great things.  Do you have a realtor there you can recommend?  Did you have to travel there much?

  • Real Estate Agent · Sun City Center Fl · Member since 2013 · 48 posts · 8 votes
    9y
    I'm a investor friendly agent with RE/MAX in Pinellas county. I wild be glad to assist you. PM me and I can locate properties to look at before you arrive.
  • Milton, VT · Member since 2014 · 38 posts · 9 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Remus Phillips:

    @Christopher Fougere how is/was the OH market?  I've heard great things.  Do you have a realtor there you can recommend?  Did you have to travel there much?

    I have never been - I am always meaning to go, but life gets in the way.  The areas I am interested in now are very difficult to find deals.  There are TK vendors offering properties but the areas they can make money in don't appeal to me.  I have been working with @William Robison for the past few years and he has kept me in safer investments.

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    Contact Jeff Copeland

  • Chidi NwadikePro Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2016 · 47 posts · 15 votes
    9y

    I'm in Miami but I just spent the weekend in the area Tampa Bay area. I really enjoyed Downtown St. Petersburg a lot of trendy establishments, there's a USF campus and some cultural attractions. Good luck to you up there, I'm sure one our BP members will find you something good.

  • Investor · Member since 2020 · 67 posts · 28 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Christopher Fougere:

    I'm an investor from VT, but have been investing out of state (mainly in MO, most recently in OH) the past few years.  We've grown our portfolio (my wife and I) much faster than we originally planned - seems that is not unusual, but we are possibly looking at opportunities in SW FL.

    I will be in the Largo beaches area Apr 21 - 26 and am looking for a potential partner in the area to help find deals. What I am looking for is a Realtor and/or PM or combination of both that has an excellent track record in SW FL who can steer me away from trash properties. My strategy is a boring but lower risk one - safe areas with good schools SFR 3BR 1+ bath. I don't consider multi-family at this time. Thanks!


     Did you ever invest in the Largo, FL area? This was a while ago when you posted.

  • Investor · Member since 2020 · 67 posts · 28 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Branden Jordan:
    Quote from @Christopher Fougere:

    I'm an investor from VT, but have been investing out of state (mainly in MO, most recently in OH) the past few years.  We've grown our portfolio (my wife and I) much faster than we originally planned - seems that is not unusual, but we are possibly looking at opportunities in SW FL.

    I will be in the Largo beaches area Apr 21 - 26 and am looking for a potential partner in the area to help find deals. What I am looking for is a Realtor and/or PM or combination of both that has an excellent track record in SW FL who can steer me away from trash properties. My strategy is a boring but lower risk one - safe areas with good schools SFR 3BR 1+ bath. I don't consider multi-family at this time. Thanks!


     Did you ever invest in the Largo, FL area? This was a while ago when you posted.


     I saw the date wrong. That was just recently. You will be in town tomorrow. I am in Largo. If you want any info, let me know.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.