What do you guys think about the following properties?

What do you guys think about the following properties?

San Leandro, CA · Member since 2017 · 55 posts · 5 votes
0Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Kirkwood, NY · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 3 votes
9y

thorp street in binghamton is an absolute dump!!

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Entrepreneur / Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 688 posts · 367 votes
    9y
    Are you asking because your trying to wholesale them? Or are you asking because your thinking of buying them to rent them or flip them? I know for sure that Indiana property isn't a good deal. Indianapolis is thriving now and you could find better deals than that particular one there. If you are looking to invest in Indy let me know because I could help you. I also see you are from California. How's the market treating you based on what you want to get accomplished?
  • San Leandro, CA · Member since 2017 · 55 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    @Elbert D. Hi Elbert,

    I am planning to purchase my first property. I plan to BRRRR. It would be great if you can provide me some guidance on Indy to get better rental investment. I only know of turnkey company like Morris Invest and tax deed sales.

    For California, the housing is not worth for me to invest because I cannot attain the 2% rent-to-price ratio per month. I graduated during the wrong time and now have to invest with premium payment.

    Thanks once again!

  • Real Estate Investor · Encinitas, CA · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y
    Some of these are "yikes" and I think you'd have to spend more to rehab them than they would be worth.
  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Kin Lay:

    @Elbert D. Hi Elbert,

    I am planning to purchase my first property. I plan to BRRRR. It would be great if you can provide me some guidance on Indy to get better rental investment. I only know of turnkey company like Morris Invest and tax deed sales.

    For California, the housing is not worth for me to invest because I cannot attain the 2% rent-to-price ratio per month. I graduated during the wrong time and now have to invest with premium payment.

    Thanks once again!

    Are you looking in any other markets? There are other Turnkey providers in other markets that might have some better ROIs. Also make sure they are not just an agent showing you homes, go with an actual provider!

  • Real Estate Agent/Investor · Peoria, AZ · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    Can't really get an accurate estimate through looking at internet pictures as those photos don't tell the whole story all of the time. The Nogales AZ one is something I'd avoid. Lots of people crossing the border legally and illegally and tons of drug traffic down there as that house is about a football field away from the international border. As for the 2% rule, that is more a rule of thumb than anything else and there are tons of places where you'll never get that to work. 

  • Specialist · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 841 posts · 480 votes
    9y

    Great advice on this - my $.02 is - make sure you know accurate rehab costs before you close.

  • San Leandro, CA · Member since 2017 · 55 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    @Ritch Bonisa and @Bob Okenwa What do you think about that Indianapolis place?

    2019 E 44th St,Indianapolis, IN 46205

    @Tom Ott What other market are you referring to? Ohio?

    Thanks for the feedback everyone!

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 325 posts · 75 votes
    9y

    I think I would first pick up '"The Book On Estimating Rehab Costs" by J Scott here at BiggerPocket. That will give more an idea of how to calculate a conserving number. 

    @Kin Lay

  • Harvey LevinPro Member
    Property Manager · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2012 · 205 posts · 157 votes
    9y

    Pm me if you like

  • Tulsa, OK · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    I can't speak to all of these properties, but the houses in OK look like they will need a good deal of work. I would proceed with caution on the half duplex in Tulsa. You can probably find better deals further North and in a little better condition. The other half of the duplex looks like it could pose a challenge to you as well.

  • Ben G.Pro Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2013 · 647 posts · 196 votes
    9y

    I think you need to narrow down your list and focus more. That's a huge list to try and make a decision from. Also focus on the reputation and relationship with the seller whose sourcing those properties. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Kin Lay:

     A question like this is far to baud to illicit any type of practical response. The only thing this will do is get turnkey providers from various markets to discuss their market. I would migraine there is not one person who is familiar with all of these markets.

    My recommendation is to fly out to a couple of these areas, tour the neighborhoods and meet with turnkey companies and or real estate brokerages. Get a feel for a team you like working with in a neighborhood you feel comfortable in and go from there.

  • Curt DavisBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Memphis, TN · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    the only way you will achieve the 2% rule is if your buying in a terrible area. That should not be the reason why you buy a property. Those days are gone. 

    Curt Davis - KAIZEN Realty538 Reviews
  • Kirkwood, NY · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    thorp street in binghamton is an absolute dump!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.