Investor · Saint Augustine, FL · Member since 2015 · 227 posts · 61 votes
Grrrrrrrr ....I gave them 60 days because we did have a hurricane ....all along the potential buyers said everything was fine ...then they start peppering me with strange questions and on the very last day they want out...which is fine but why did they have to wait till the very end to do so ?
Investor · Saint Augustine, FL · Member since 2015 · 227 posts · 61 votes
9y
I am the seller of vacant lots...he wants to build and I made the buyer aware exactly what could be done with the property ...just fussing that he waited till day 59 to figure out he didn't want to go forward and yes I am waiting for him to offer to take the property but at a reduced rate from his original offer....
REALTOR® · Brockport, NY · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
9y
Oh you gave him 60 days to decide, I thought you gave him 60 to close. Sorry to hear. Make them commit as early as possible, give them 10 days DD period. Hope you find a good one soon!
Investor · Saint Augustine, FL · Member since 2015 · 227 posts · 61 votes
9y
Normally I would but after the hurricane there is a backlog of folks trying to figure out what to do with their storm damaged properties since most are over 50 years old ( many over 100 years old ) and have to go in front of historic architectural review board and there are all kinds of new building codes...including raising houses 9 feet ! So I gave them time to wait their turn in line to do their feasibility study...but they said they were ready to go until the very last minute then for no reason they backed out...so I am irked !