REI Meet ups in Northern Virginia?

REI Meet ups in Northern Virginia?

Investor · Loudoun, VA · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 1 vote

All, 

Are there any NOVA meet-ups? I'd love to network with other like-minded folks and learn a bit more about REI.

Thanks.

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Northern, VA · Member since 2013 · 23 posts · 3 votes
9y

Hi @Saurab M., @Claire Severson, and @Daniel P.

@Charles Huang has meetups in Fairfax.  I attended one of the meetups on 5/13/2017.

If you know of any other meetups, feel free to share.

Jack III

See this reply in the discussion

17 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Arlington, VA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Hi & welcome! I'm also new and in NOVA, so I don't have any info, but I'd also like to know of any meetups.

  • Daniel P.Pro Member
    Investor · Winchester, VA · Member since 2017 · 104 posts · 70 votes
    9y

    Hey I am just outside of NOVA but work down there and would welcome a meetup. If nobody comes back with one we should set it up. 

  • Daniel P.Pro Member
    Investor · Winchester, VA · Member since 2017 · 104 posts · 70 votes
    9y

    Hey I am just outside of NOVA but work down there and would welcome a meetup. If nobody comes back with one we should set it up. 

  • Northern, VA · Member since 2013 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Hi @Saurab M., @Claire Severson, and @Daniel P.

    @Charles Huang has meetups in Fairfax.  I attended one of the meetups on 5/13/2017.

    If you know of any other meetups, feel free to share.

    Jack III

  • Daniel P.Pro Member
    Investor · Winchester, VA · Member since 2017 · 104 posts · 70 votes
    9y
  • Arlington, VA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    @Saurab M. @Daniel P. @Jack Heatley III

    Heads-up: I found a meet-up group in Annandale and went last night. They're a Renatus group, though. On one hand, they lectured about actual real estate concepts and planning for about an hour and a half before getting to what they were selling... but on the other, they talked for an hour and a half before getting to what they're selling. I left at 9pm [it started at 7] and they were still going, so I didn't get to actually talk with anyone to do some networking. The lead guy's name is Umaer Hok. 

  • Northern, VA · Member since 2013 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    @Claire Severson Thanks for the information.

    Some meetups are designed to sell you their product and other meetups are to network with others who have a similar passion about real estate investing.

    If I find a local meetup to network/share stories and learn, I will definitely keep you in the loop.

  • Investor · Loudoun, VA · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Thanks guys. My aim is to network and share (get and give) information with others. Don't mind some sales stuff sprinkled in but 90 minutes seems a bit much to me. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Aldie, VA · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 16 votes
    9y

    On the same page-- currently sampling some meetups in NOVA, trying not to get stuck in a radisson inn conference room full of dead-eyed mouth-breathers, getting preached to to by the usual orange-hued real estate demigod.  Will report back on my findings.

  • Realtor · McLean, VA · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Check out DMV Deal Makers on Facebook. We are all about the deals and networking. We meet in Falls Church, Va.
  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    9y

    Member @Roger Lin runs a meetup. Traction REIA is perhaps the largest. I just went to the Capital City REIA (ccREIA) run by Tammy Phelps, and it was a very good meeting.

  • Real Estate Investor · Irmo, SC · Member since 2012 · 106 posts · 90 votes
    9y
    I have attended the CAZA Meetups in Reston and in Baltimore. Both were quite good. You can find them on Meetup dot com
  • Northern, VA · Member since 2013 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    @Jeff Walsh @Ned Carey and @Sekelle O.

    I will look into/attend the meetups you mentioned.

    Thank you for taking the time to respond to this post.

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Hi, I'm newhere in NOVA I' d like to meet business minded people and learn more about REI investment .

  • Real Estate Broker · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2018 · 89 posts · 30 votes
    8y

    Hi All! I host a meet-up "mostly" every Thursday evening in Alexandria. Interested? --Loretta

  • McLean, VA · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    Hi All,

    I will be attending a meetup in McLean VA on 10/3/2019. Found it on meetup.com but still looking for other meetups to attend. Any meetups worth looking into for connections coming up in the area?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.