Rental Property Investor · Jonesboro, AR · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 2 votes
When buying from a house "for sale by owner" should I use an agent to write the deal? The home is being sold to me well below appraisal. Will I miss anything from not having an agent write it up? This is only my second deal ever! So, I am very much a newbie!
Residential Real Estate Broker · East Orange, NJ · Member since 2014 · 297 posts · 26 votes
9y
I'm sure an agent would love to help but they would want you or the owner to pay a commission. If you have an attorney you should be able to have them handle the paperwork. Lastly, you could have a title company handle the paperwork and they should be able to guide you through the process. Hopefully, this will help you.
Rental Property Investor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
9y
I second the above comment. Most people want an agent to assist in negotiations, for which they earn their commission. You need a lawyer or title company to draft up your contract, to do the title search, and to record the deed.
Realtor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 137 posts · 103 votes
9y
Hi! I third the above but would like to add that you may be able to find a REALTOR that would go through the paper work process for a small flat fee. Ask the agent you used for your first deal. If she's a good agent she'll help you for a reasonable fee and give you guidance. Since you're an investor and will continue to buy property hopefully she wants you as a client for the long run! May cost you $500 or less.