ENTIRE AC unit needs to be replace. Wiped out ALL cash flow ??

ENTIRE AC unit needs to be replace. Wiped out ALL cash flow ??

Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 321 posts · 157 votes

I just found out the AC unit needs to be replaced. The unit is 30 years old prior to the tenant being evicted it seem to work good. I got a quote from the ONE HOUR ac contractor and he said it'll cost 6k-8k to replace the Air handler, heat pump and entire wiring. This Cap EX is completely wiping out 1 yr of CF. What can I do ? Any suggestions \.

0Reply
149 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2017 · 329 posts · 237 votes
9y

Hello @Isiah Ferguson .  That is a big hit.

An AC system is made up of parts - outside compressor, interior air handler/blower, etc.  I would find out what "part" broke and see if you can't limit the replacement to that part of the system (for now).

Bob

See this reply in the discussion

76 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • South Bend, IN · Member since 2015 · 180 posts · 93 votes
    9y
    Isiah Ferguson Whoa man! Unless he is redoing your duct that is insane. I realize I'm from South Bend but my guy is usually in the $3k range for line set, 2.5 ton condenser, and a new evap if everything is easy to get at. Please get some more quotes.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.