Investing in Huston now and wait for appreciation?

Investing in Huston now and wait for appreciation?

Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2016 · 132 posts · 45 votes

I wanted to know opinions on investing in the Huston area now over the next few months. With all the hurricane mess happening down there, prices could go down and once restoration efforts can happen, go down fix up the property and then hold on to it as a rental. Then sell after the area is fixed back up and the area stabilizes. I'm new to real estate but to me it seems like a pretty good way to invest. Yeah a little risky cause of all the water, who knows what is happening to the structure. But if you do get the placed checked and it is salvageable, just a lot of cosmetic work, would it be worth purchasing? I would figure that because of all the mess that is happening down there properties would be cheaper right now. It was just a random thought and kinda wanted to know if anyone else was playing with idea? I own a general contracting company so I figured I would just live down there for a few months fix up an apartment or a couple homes and then keep them rented out to other construction workers as I'm sure everyone who will be going down to help fix the city back up will need a place to stay after all. Again just a random thought, I am still trying to figure out how to invest in my area so I don't know if I would be able to make it work but It would be interesting to try. 

0Reply
13 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    9y

    Chris.

    I've been thinking the same thing. Just don't know how long it will take and what kind of properties you will be able to find once this mess concludes.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.