Fastest way to meet Austin Texas investors?

6 Replies

Im new to the area and am looking to build up my list of fellow real estate investors in the area.  

Hoping this post gets me some hits right off the bat.

i know my local reia is a good start, what else works?

craigslist seems to be spammed with the same two people.

Lifestyles Unlimited has an office in your back yard.  You are lucky.  I fly to Texas 4x per year to attend their events.

doh.  sorry.  The prior post I read said they were from Texas

Originally posted by @Devin Mann :

Im new to the area and am looking to build up my list of fellow real estate investors in the area.  

Hoping this post gets me some hits right off the bat.

i know my local reia is a good start, what else works?

craigslist seems to be spammed with the same two people.

Don't know many investors in Austin personally but they will be around shortly. OTOH, if you need subcontractors I can help you there. Good ones. 

Search austin posts and you will see a lot of locals willing to help and network. Matthew Teifke Kevin Kite j.

512-234-1920

@Devin Mann Hi Devin, I'm quite active, on track for around 50 deals this year, and always willing to chat.  As you've stated, the local rei clubs are a great resource as well.  Welcome to Austin!

Hey @Devin Mann I'm new here myself, but I've been in your shoes before.

When I was trying to get into real estate in Virginia, I spent a lot of time meeting the various investors in my area- I ended up founding a REIA!

The best ways, for me, to meet people are in person. Go on Meetup.com or Biggerpockets/events and find your local REIAs and casual get-togethers. 

Ask each person you meet "Who are the people in your niche I need to get to know?", go meet those people, and ask them the same question.

Each time you get a reference from somebody, call them and ask them for more references.

Pretty soon, many of your references will overlap, and you'll here some of the same names over and over again. Those are the people you really need to meet.

Finally: who are you specifically looking for here in Austin? If you give us more specifics, we can help you out.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.