Hello everyone, I’m a new agent

3 Replies

Hi everyone!! I recently passed the New Jersey real estate exam and I’m now beginning my career as a realtor. Any beginners advice, or words of wisdom? I’m looking forward to meeting new people as well!!

Hello Victoria ! Welcome to my world ! Would love to speak to you -sending you a PM 

Congratulations and welcome!

I can tell you some things I love about my agent.  She's very sweet and tells me her opinion when I ask.  She's told me she doesn't think I should buy something because it's not in a good rental area.  She's even told me I probably wouldn't want to buy in a certain area because it's not safe.  (Not sure if she's allowed to, but she does.  ;-) Then again, I've known her since I was a kid...)  She sent me a Christmas card to my new address when I purchased my first home.  I'd recommend also sending one to folks who started looking with you, but then quit.  It might get them in the mood again.  :-)  She's very patient with me!  It took me 1 1/2 yrs to find my 1st home and she never got mad.  I'm not sure most agents would have held on that long.  lol  She recommends contractors if I need them.  She recommended a pre-sale inspection which has probably saved my booty!  She recommended a PM, though I really wanted HER to do it.  I hope some of this helps.  :-)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.