REFI will I need to "Re-do" the quitclaim to LLC?

REFI will I need to "Re-do" the quitclaim to LLC?

Investor · Franklin, IN · Member since 2016 · 46 posts · 12 votes

When I originally purchased a rental home, I quitclaimed it to my LLC. I have subsequently refinanced in my name. The point of the LLC to some extent was protection. Do I quitclaim back into the original LLC or create new LLC as folks could follow chain of title pretty easily. Any experienced commentary greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0Reply
14 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor and Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    I don't think it makes any difference. If you are concerned about it, establish a new LLC for the property, and use the old LLC for a different property. I wouldn't trash the old LLC altogether. I don't think there's a need for that.

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    8y
    Title chain is easy to follow anyway.....a few minutes on your state corporations website tells us whose LLC it is.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.