Should I focus on rental or continue pursuing other investments?

4 Replies

Hello BP!!! I am currently conflicted on a current situation. I am in the process of rehabbing a rental property and although this situation is currently moving along smoothly, I am at a dilemma if I should focus all of my energy in the rental property or should I also be looking for other deals? Many people have suggested that "doing one thing at a time" is the wisest move, but I can't help think that I am losing out on deals and opportunities to make money while waiting. I am looking for more opinions from the BP community in what decision they believe is best. PLEASE HELP!!! Thank you

Once I became established in rentals I diversified to increase my profits and limit my risks.

All my present profits and all equity from my real estate income is redirected to other income streams to maximise my returns. Although my properties have maximum leverage I have the cash invested else where to produce higher returns than dead equity would produce. Much of my money is readily available making my high leverage properties minimal risk investments. Far more profitable and no more risk than fully paid off properties....twice the returns.

Diversify to reduce risk and increase returns.

@Thomas S.

Thanks Thomas! This was helpful. If I am interpreting your advice correctly, it even sounds as if you suggest establishing yourself with rental properties as opposed to rehabbing with flipping? Am I correct?

I always put all my energy  in the house I just purchased  to rent out.When I say all my energy  I am working  7 days a week going full bore ,every day it is not rented is money  lost !

@Billy Smith

Billy this is great feedback, this sounds very similar with some of the advice that I've been receiving from people close to me!

Thanks

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.