Newly purchased Jacksonville home stuck in probate.

27 Replies

@James Dickens , Central to South La. I have issues with buying properties in Louisiana. The problem that I constantly run into is trying to close while in California. The La. Title Companies will not except California's notary stamps on attachments, only on the original document and California won't notarize Louisiana Docs because of the wording. I have to travel to my Nevada office to sign for properties bought in La, this slows everything down and I have loss great properties because of this.

So, with 1 property rented and this one in probate, we just made an offer on a third. Worked out a great price with the seller beforehand. This one is in Jacksonville's Mid-Westside.  Yes, @Robert Rayford , it is the 2/1 but there's definitely equity left on the table and after running my numbers it looks really good. Had my agent ask all types of questions to be as sure as we can title will be conveyed about March 9.

Finally, we have title! There were all kinds of excuses but bottom line is we got title! Time to get it rent ready and listed.

Only took 7 months for a 10 day close.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here