Has Zillow finally gone off the deep end?

Has Zillow finally gone off the deep end?

China, ME · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes

I had to share this - I just couldn't resist!  

Zillow's "Zestimates" are legendary for their inaccuracy, but this one takes the cake!

2900 Cranberry Hwy, Wareham MA.  A mobile home, built in 1976 - 2 beds, 1 bath, 900 square feet.  

Zillow lists the land at 7 acres - which is probably the entire trailer park.

Probable value for the trailer is somewhere around $50,000 if it's in good shape.

Zillow says $1.808 MILLION!

This is why I'm not worried about Zillow, Amazon or anybody else eliminating the role of a good real estate agent.  Not everything in the world lends itself to automation - and this is Exhibit #1.

3Reply
83 views

Most Popular Reply

Russell BrazilBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
8y

A good agent also knows how to manipulate Zillow into upping the Zestimate on a property. Every property I list, I go in and make some changes to the Zillow profile to increase the Zestimate. While it doesnt necessarily affect my selling price, there is always the possibility of some buyer relying on it too much and will overbid because the Zestimate is $25k too high.

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Phila, PA · Member since 2017 · 69 posts · 19 votes
    8y
    I don’t trust Zillow, Redfin and Trulia are my go to. But I would never trust the estimates and site assigns.
  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 36 posts · 33 votes
    8y

    @Jonathan Bowen

    Bitter about what??  Id really like my Denver Broncos to find a quarterback...

  • Greg H.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Broker/Flipper · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    @Bryan Feik Tebow is available

    In Texas, I would lean towards a monkey throwing darts for a valuation over Zillow.  Texas is a non-disclosure state so sales prices are not published

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.