Reccomendations for Title Companies in Maryland

12 Replies

Hello BP members,

I am looking for great recommendations for either an Title Company or an Attorney in the Maryland area. If anyone have any suggestions please contact me thank you!

I really like Eastern Title (min as processor) and Definitive Title for Baltimore/ Eastern MD deals.  Closer to DC I use Allied, District Title, Universal, and Brennan.  

@Katorey Fields I use quiet title in Annapolis and they will typically meet with you and are very investor friendly

Thank you for that information I will definitely reach out to them. I really need a investor friendly Title company.

@Katorey Fields - I highly recommend Title Rite Services.  They are super friendly, work well with investors and conveniently located in Crofton.  Tell Sherry that Andrew and Erin sent you!

Please what exactly does it mean for a title company to be “investor-friendly”? I ask because I think title work is the same regardless of whether I am an investor or not. I use Capitol Title in Ellicott City.

Thank you Andrew I sure will, I really appreciate your in-put.

I use Community Title Network for DC and Montgomery County deals.

@Uchenna A. Most title companies specialize in closing run of the mill deals for homeowners. Investors are often doing more creative deals that some title companies don't understand.  I have had title companies tell me "that is not legal" for perfectly legal deals. I also have had title companies tell my buyer "He does not have good title" when that was totally not true. 

I do a lot of tax sale foreclosures in Baltimore. I have had to teach some title companies what to do to handle one. I mean down to which building, floor and room to go into and which line to get in, along with  what order to do things. They still screwed it up. 

You are right, The work is basically the same. What you really need is a GOOD title company. 

I regularly use Holly at Clearview title, Anthony Onwuanibe at Golden Trust, Jeff Charlow at  Masters title and Escrow in Towson, John  Mitnick at Mitnick and Mitnick, Drew at Dulaney title and Cohen and Foreman.

Thank you Ned that was a really good break down. I didn't realize different Title companies aren't so investor friendly. I will keep that in-mind for next time and thank you for the recommendations by the way.

I second Eastern Title, owned by Josh Greene.

I really liked using Holly at Clearview title, I used her twice last month and she very organized. I am using Drew at Dulaney currently which is also good. Both are investor friendly in my expierence.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.