Reccomendations for Title Companies in Maryland

Reccomendations for Title Companies in Maryland

laurel, MD · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 4 votes

Hello BP members,

I am looking for great recommendations for either an Title Company or an Attorney in the Maryland area. If anyone have any suggestions please contact me thank you!

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Ned CareyPro Member
Moderator
Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
8y

@Uchenna A. Most title companies specialize in closing run of the mill deals for homeowners. Investors are often doing more creative deals that some title companies don't understand.  I have had title companies tell me "that is not legal" for perfectly legal deals. I also have had title companies tell my buyer "He does not have good title" when that was totally not true. 

I do a lot of tax sale foreclosures in Baltimore. I have had to teach some title companies what to do to handle one. I mean down to which building, floor and room to go into and which line to get in, along with  what order to do things. They still screwed it up. 

You are right, The work is basically the same. What you really need is a GOOD title company. 

I regularly use Holly at Clearview title, Anthony Onwuanibe at Golden Trust, Jeff Charlow at  Masters title and Escrow in Towson, John  Mitnick at Mitnick and Mitnick, Drew at Dulaney title and Cohen and Foreman.

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Frederick/ Falls Church DC, Maryland & Virginia · Member since 2014 · 794 posts · 612 votes
    8y

    I really like Eastern Title (min as processor) and Definitive Title for Baltimore/ Eastern MD deals.  Closer to DC I use Allied, District Title, Universal, and Brennan.  

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    8y
    Katorey Fields I use quiet title in Annapolis and they will typically meet with you and are very investor friendly
    7e investments53 Reviews
  • laurel, MD · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Thank you for that information I will definitely reach out to them. I really need a investor friendly Title company.

  • Andrew ShafferPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Annapolis, MD · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    @Katorey Fields - I highly recommend Title Rite Services.  They are super friendly, work well with investors and conveniently located in Crofton.  Tell Sherry that Andrew and Erin sent you!

  • Real Estate Agent · Bowie, MD · Member since 2014 · 53 posts · 32 votes
    8y
    Please what exactly does it mean for a title company to be “investor-friendly”? I ask because I think title work is the same regardless of whether I am an investor or not. I use Capitol Title in Ellicott City.
  • laurel, MD · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Thank you Andrew I sure will, I really appreciate your in-put.

  • Investor · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2014 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    I use Community Title Network for DC and Montgomery County deals.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    8y

    @Uchenna A. Most title companies specialize in closing run of the mill deals for homeowners. Investors are often doing more creative deals that some title companies don't understand.  I have had title companies tell me "that is not legal" for perfectly legal deals. I also have had title companies tell my buyer "He does not have good title" when that was totally not true. 

    I do a lot of tax sale foreclosures in Baltimore. I have had to teach some title companies what to do to handle one. I mean down to which building, floor and room to go into and which line to get in, along with  what order to do things. They still screwed it up. 

    You are right, The work is basically the same. What you really need is a GOOD title company. 

    I regularly use Holly at Clearview title, Anthony Onwuanibe at Golden Trust, Jeff Charlow at  Masters title and Escrow in Towson, John  Mitnick at Mitnick and Mitnick, Drew at Dulaney title and Cohen and Foreman.

  • laurel, MD · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Thank you Ned that was a really good break down. I didn't realize different Title companies aren't so investor friendly. I will keep that in-mind for next time and thank you for the recommendations by the way.

  • Real Estate Agent · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2014 · 184 posts · 78 votes
    8y

    I second Eastern Title, owned by Josh Greene.

  • laurel, MD · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Thank you for your response Dan.

  • Realtor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 41 votes
    8y

    I really liked using Holly at Clearview title, I used her twice last month and she very organized. I am using Drew at Dulaney currently which is also good. Both are investor friendly in my expierence.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.