• Real Estate Agent
  • York, PA
Votes |
Real Estate Fast Track

Jeremy Tolley
  • Real Estate Agent
  • York, PA
Posted Mar 20 2018, 15:25

Hey guys. I just got done reading a book i'm sure some of you may be familiar with. It's written by David Finkel and Peter Conti called the Real Estate Fast Track. This book seems to have a lot of valuable information in it but I can't help but be a little concerned that it is a little out-dated since the book was published back in 2005. The book goes over several different purchase options as far as how to start real estate investing without using cash or credit. The book teaches to find motivated sellers and put the property under contract using creative purchasing strategies such as "subject to owner financing" basically taking over the sellers payments..... they also go into saying that the lender wont exercise the due on sale clause in the mortgage and says that there are several ways around this. Some other purchase options they discussed were "owner carry financing", "lease option" and then of course "wholesaling or flipping the contract". They teach you in the book to creatively structure the deal in such a way that your either using the existing financing or having the seller back you. while they give examples and make everything sound good, I am just wandering if anyone has been successful using any of these strategies. A lot has probably changed in the last 13 years when the book was published and would like to get some knowledge from someone who is currently investing that either is currently or in the past have used these techniques. Thanks for the input guys.

Loading replies...