Closing remotely - no notary needed as a cash buyer?

Closing remotely - no notary needed as a cash buyer?

FL · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 5 votes

I am closing on an out-of-state property in Ohio with cash only. The title company said all documents can be signed electronically because I'm a cash buyer. She said I don't need a mobile notary since none of the documents require an original / wet signature. Is that true? I've only ever closed with lending so not sure if this is normal. Thank you!

1Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

Tom GimerBusiness Member
DMV · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
8y
Deeds in OH are executed and acknowledged by the seller. A cash buyer would not need to have any docs notarized.
Gimer Law516 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tom GimerBusiness Member
    DMV · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    Deeds in OH are executed and acknowledged by the seller. A cash buyer would not need to have any docs notarized.
    Gimer Law516 Reviews
  • FL · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    Thank you, Tom!

  • Honolulu, HI · Member since 2016 · 76 posts · 44 votes
    8y
    @Emily Huo - not sure about Ohio but I've closed remotely on two cash offers in Michigan recently and did not have to notarize any of the documents. I think you should be safe. The title company emailed me the closing docs and had a UPS packing slip attached, I just had to print, sign and drop it back off at UPS to be returned.
  • Wendy PattonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Clarkston, MI · Member since 2009 · 859 posts · 350 votes
    8y

    True!  no docs to notarize unless you have a mortgage or note

    Michigan Real Estate Investors533 Reviews
  • Real Estate Broker · MI · Member since 2014 · 594 posts · 183 votes
    8y
    Emily Huo I will confirm that as well. No notary needed.
  • FL · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    Thank you, everyone!! I'm all set to close tomorrow (*fingers crossed*).

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.