Cold Calling Tax Delinquent & Pre Forclosures

Cold Calling Tax Delinquent & Pre Forclosures

Leicester, MA · Member since 2016 · 137 posts · 36 votes

Cold Calling Question:

Cold calling absent T owners is not a problem but I’m curious to hear what people are saying when calling Tax Delinquent owners, preforeclosure even, D4D but are not vacant? “Although calling and saying hi I’m calling because you can’t seem to pay your bills, does this mean you need to sell your place?” Would be a great way to measure the speed in which someone goes from Hello to cursing at you. =) 

0Reply
10 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2017 · 506 posts · 404 votes
    8y

    I don't do cold calls, but was wondering why you were looking at calling the tax delinquent owners rather than buying their property at the tax sale.  You'd probably pay a lot less at the tax sale.  Granted, it's a lot cleaner deal if you go through them and, personally, I feel guilty buying an occupied dwelling at a tax sale, but still, plenty of folks do it, so I was just wondering.  I'm going to my first tax sale in a couple of weeks, but plan on focusing on vacant properties and/or land with no structures because I'm a chicken on my first time out.  lol

  • Leicester, MA · Member since 2016 · 137 posts · 36 votes
    8y

    The goal is to get the house before it gets to that point.  If you find a distressed owner you can work with them.  Maybe I can buy the house via sub2 existing mortgage and only out of pocket is back taxes, maybe I can buy the house at a steep discount etc.  Once the town takes it back for taxes it could be years before they auction it off.  My town alone only does it once every 3 or 4 years so these houses just sit there.  Once they do, now I have to compete with others for the property causing me to pay much more.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.