Anyone use Maverick Investment for BRRRR.

3 Replies

I have listened to a few discussions from Maverick Investment and talked with them on the phone about possible BRRRRs but I was wondering if anyone has any experience working with them on buying property or more specifically BRRRR.

If so what are their contractors like, and how satisfied were you with the final product.

I was looking in KC, INDY, BALT and other areas but not really tied to anyone of those since I’m in Colorado. 

Maybe you like someone else and can recommend someone for me to work with.

Regards

Jeff

@Jeff Betschart , be aware that the moment you use other people's services to help you secure a deal, then that's yet another daisy in the daisy chain (if not more)! With each "daisy" making money along the way, it means that all of those referral fees, wholesale/assignment profits, and expensive retail repair/upgrade costs will inevitably come out of your pocket.

And you reckon a subsequent Lender appraisal of such a (turnkey) "deal" might enable you to refi all/most of your outlay back into your pocket again? Good luck with that...

Hi Jeff,

I have gone through Maverick for 2 properties in Baltimore so far and have been relatively pleased with their services.

They are a broker/middleman, and there is a mark-up for their services, which is to be expected. But, working out of state ( I live in Denver CO) it is nice to have someone else in the mix to keep everyone accountable (especially on a 1st OOS deal).

Yes, it is more expensive to work through a broker, and turnkey for that matter.  But, if you do your due diligence and your numbers still make sense to you, and everything aligns with your goals, not someone elses, then this is just the price to play the game and these costs are less than the price of not getting in at all.

Just my opinion

Logan

One other thing,

When first starting out, one great perk of going through a broker like Maverick, is you get access to all their resources, which you probably don't already have on your own. This is where they start acting more like a partner than a broker.

I got introduced to Ridge Lending Group through Maverick and I have been very impressed with their services so far.

Just saying

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here