Is there anything you don't use from Real Estate Agent courses?

Is there anything you don't use from Real Estate Agent courses?

Sacramento, CA · Member since 2018 · 64 posts · 9 votes

Is there anything you don't use from Real Estate Agent courses? I am taking courses to become a RE agent. I am wondering if there is anything that you don't actually use as a real estate agent or if all of the content will be used. 

0Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Russell BrazilBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
8y

98% of the information you will never use.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    8y

    About 80%.

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    8y

    98% of the information you will never use.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2013 · 12 posts · 30 votes
    8y

    Word problem of the day:

    If a township is 36 sections, and a section contains 260 hectacres, how many acres of residential housing exists if half of the sections are zoned RD-5, one-quarter zoned AR-2, and the remaining zoned BP?

    Seriously though, there is some info that is only really pertinent to developers, surveyors, or appraisers. You will not likely be using this knowledge regularly if you are doing residential sales in an urban or suburban area. Agents in rural areas or doing commercial will probably find these tidbits helpful.

    In terms of what is VERY useful to all agents: pay special attention to contracts and how mortgages work. You will be dealing with those two things all day long.

    Good luck!

  • Sacramento, CA · Member since 2018 · 64 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    So you guys are saying I can just forget 90%+ of the course material after I take the license exam and I can still be a top-notch/producing real estate agent since I don't need 90% of the material to serve my clients? 

    I just want to know how fast I can get through the information and just pass the test. If you really don't need the information then it makes sense not to dedicate the time to really study it to remember it forever. 

  • Sharon PowellPro Member
    Realtor · La Vernia, TX · Member since 2014 · 153 posts · 124 votes
    8y
    Most definitely focus on just getting through your classes. Once you’re in the trenches, you can find all kinds of trainings to refresh you and teach you the things you’ll use the most. That was my broker’s advice when I took the classes, and it was great advice.
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    8y
    Yep, the goal of the course is to simply Pass The Test, it teaches you very little about the Business.
  • Specialist · Riverside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    If you go in with that attitude of "I can forget 90% of this" you might have more difficulty with the test despite the fact that it is true.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.