Greenwich, CT · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 2 votes
Hi I’m new to investing in st Pete and am curious as to if central oak part / united central (2nd Ave south 45-50th) is a good area for future appreciation or is it a crime ridden area ?
It seems to be on the edge on crime maps Liz
Any tips and help greatly appreciated
Real Estate Broker · Tampa Bay/St Petersburg, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
8y
Central Oak Park and United Central in St Pete are good targets for long term appreciation. I own and manage several properties in the area. It's a generally decent area with attractive red brick streets, and an eclectic mix of single family homes.
The neighborhoods to the north and east of this area have been picked clean, and prices have been driven up to such a point that Central Oak Park (particularly the area south of Central Ave) is attracting investors, both in the form of flips, and long term buy and hold.
As an example, I own a single family rental at 4142 3rd Ave S in St Pete. I bought it for $101k about a year ago. The house next door on one side was flipped a few months later and sold for $149k, and the house on the other side sold to an owner occupant for $138k a few months after that. It's an ideal domino effect.
So, if you buy at the right price, there is a great opportunity for appreciation.
I may have a multifamily listing (2/1 single family home with 1/1 rental unit) coming up in the next couple of months a couple of blocks away on 2nd Ave S near 45th St.
Greenwich, CT · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 2 votes
8y
Thanks Jeff Copeland
Really hesitant to invest on those few blocks as it seems like an electric hub nearby and not much more. Price is going for close to 300k which I’m sure that’s high but it’s turnkey
Just trying to justify pulling the trigger or not
Is the area gentrifying or is it too close to child’s park to be a dead zone ?
Feel free to DM regarding your upcoming deal
Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 11 votes
8y
@Jeff Copeland I am interested in learning more about the St Pete area. Can you tell me more about the part of town near the children's hospital and how it compares with the one you were discussing.