Nashville TN · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 6 votes
6y
This Ross Hamilton guy is a scam. So after me and 3 other investors have done our research, it appears that he pulls everything from Propstream and download it into his software (PIN) and charge people $1,500 which is also a tactic to lure people to sign up for funding. So basically taking all resources from another company’s software that’s much cheaper and using it in his software to profit $1,500 at the expense of gullible people. So that it doesn’t look so obvious he tweaks these explainer videos to make it look extra techy to appeal to the vulnerable and gullible newbie to have you thinking you have this exclusive access to a new way of doing real estate that no one else is offering. We were blown away when we discovered this.
They have a 30 day money back guarantee but when you call requesting a refund, you don’t get a company greeting, it just rings to a random employee for Ross Hamilton who answers the phone from home. So basically his business contact number is not set up like a legitimate business. And once they realize that your requesting a refund, they’ll pretend to transfer you but you’ll end up getting a robo voicemail or hung up on. They have caller ID so if you call back, the phone will just ring. We informed our bank and Propstream as well. We also filed a report with the FTC because they are taking people’s money and not refunding within the 30 day guarantee policy. It’s bad reviews on this guy and Clever Investor for a reason. Do not spend 1 dime with this guy.
Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
8y
@Roseann Adi and @Craig Boutte apparently Ross Hamilton is associated with "Connected Investors". There have been threads her about Connected Investors. You may want to do a search.
Before I give my opinion I will give let you know where I am coming from. I have spent well over 6 figures on my real estate education and still continue to spend thousands of dollars a year on coaching today. I believe there is no better place to invest my money than in myself.
With that background I will say I never heard of this guy. But I do know he has no secret sauce or magic formula that you can't learn lots of other places. He may give you a ton of valuable information but no one person will give you everything you will need. The barrier to entry in the real estate coaching business is very low. So there are a lot of lousy teachers out there. Buyer beware
Flipper/Rehabber · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2018 · 265 posts · 387 votes
8y
I'm interested if anyone has used this Pintpoint Profits system as well. I heard Kent Clothier's system was garbage and the information was only updated maybe 1x a month and half of the mailed items were returned.
Specialist · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2012 · 462 posts · 294 votes
7y
As of today (November 2018), special is $1,500 and $97/month.
Hmm.
I believe their price point is still too much. If you are confident your software is the end all, then I believe your price should reflect it for the common investor.
Still way too high and not to mention, I've tried the software for Texas and nothing pulled up. Not sure why? Why bother with the webinar if there is no valid sample with the access code they provide.
Not to mention, they give you a three day window to retrieve any redundant or your money back.
To me, they are not just proud of their software, but it seems they are trying to retrieve as much money up front as possible. Which sends the message that the $300/month or $977/month would cancel fairly quickly after the three day trial period is surpassed.
Believe it or not, I truly was interested, but not at that price. I even called their phone number to speak to a live person to retrieve the mini sample for the webinar I had to sit through twice (1st one 3/4s of the way connection broke).
I remained on hold too long. Hung up and called it a wash.
Specialist · FL · Member since 2018 · 27 posts · 13 votes
7y
I attended the webinar yesterday and have read the CI CEO's response to other threads here on BP. It looks to me like what CI has done with PiN is to aggregate many sources of REI leads. While that is a highly valuable service it does not seem to warrant the very high price.
Also, they are shooting themselves in the foot by making huge claims and grandiose predictions. The webinar felt more like a late-night infomercial rather than a solid presentation for a legitimate product.
Having said that, I may try it. At a minimum it would help me quickly vet all those lead sources versus trying to figure them out 1 by 1.
Nashville TN · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 6 votes
6y
This Ross Hamilton guy is a scam. So after me and 3 other investors have done our research, it appears that he pulls everything from Propstream and download it into his software (PIN) and charge people $1,500 which is also a tactic to lure people to sign up for funding. So basically taking all resources from another company’s software that’s much cheaper and using it in his software to profit $1,500 at the expense of gullible people. So that it doesn’t look so obvious he tweaks these explainer videos to make it look extra techy to appeal to the vulnerable and gullible newbie to have you thinking you have this exclusive access to a new way of doing real estate that no one else is offering. We were blown away when we discovered this.
They have a 30 day money back guarantee but when you call requesting a refund, you don’t get a company greeting, it just rings to a random employee for Ross Hamilton who answers the phone from home. So basically his business contact number is not set up like a legitimate business. And once they realize that your requesting a refund, they’ll pretend to transfer you but you’ll end up getting a robo voicemail or hung up on. They have caller ID so if you call back, the phone will just ring. We informed our bank and Propstream as well. We also filed a report with the FTC because they are taking people’s money and not refunding within the 30 day guarantee policy. It’s bad reviews on this guy and Clever Investor for a reason. Do not spend 1 dime with this guy.
I am calling connected investors tech support line now. the operator picked up the phone by mistake but never answered it and left it on so I can hear all their background noise.
so someone picked up the phone but never answered it but in the background I hear them said, "x_name_x, ill make you dinner later" connected investors tech support.
I am still on the phone with CI. listening to the background noise and it sounds like this CI number leads to someone homes house landline.
so in other words. connected investors has a lot of extensions, each extension either leads to someones home landline or to a cellphone. in this case, the extension I put in leads to their kitchen lol and this is the location their suppose to give ConnectedInvestors tech support from. and you can hear them chopping up veggies in the background lol or chopping up something
San Luis Obispo, CA · Member since 2016 · 19 posts · 13 votes
6y
@kDavid Roberton Thank you for posting the link.
I'm listening to his webinar right now. So glad I came to Biggerpockets! I appreciate all the feedback, I'll be blocking this scammer. So sorry for all those that had to find out the hard way, but just know you have paid it forward educated us and saved us from a financial loss, wasted time and stress. I live paycheck to paycheck trying to filter out all these scammers while trying to climb out of this mess. Thank you to all who contributed!
Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
4y
The post above sounds like BS to me.
"Many of our data sources are proprietary to us"
How can a data source be Proprietary? If they are getting data from an original source like land records, that source is available to others.
If they are getting it from a secondary source that supplies them exclusively then they are getting second hand data. IE: not as valuable and subject to errors.
If the data is proprietary then it sounds like they are making up their own data.