Question About possible New Construction in Rockville Maryland

Question About possible New Construction in Rockville Maryland

Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2015 · 71 posts · 24 votes

Hello Everyone 

Have a question about a possible project in rockville md . About two weeks ago I had a potential seller who was interested in selling her property but we could not agree on a price so we couldn't come to an agreement. Today the seller contacted me Asking if I would be interested in possibly partnering with her and splitting the profit ,she's even willing to possibly contribute bring money to the table to work out the deal. She has a 0.30 acre lot zoned for a residential home (there was a home previously on the lot but I believe I was fire damaged) New Construction homes in the area are going in the 900k to 1.2 million range. My question is what would you do in situation. I honestly don't know the first thing about new construction homes and ive only done a few rehabs but I id guess that if no money has to be paid to acquire the land then there should be plenty of equity to be had. I originally contacted the seller with the goal to wholesale the property but I don't think you can wholesale a partnership agreement. So im looking for some feedback from anyone who has new construction experience or experience in the rockville area. Is partnering with the homeowner a good thing ? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated 

0Reply
20 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    8y

    In order to be at that price point on the ARV, it's going to take a skilled builder who knows what they are really doing to achieve those prices. Also, the price point in Rockville can vary dramatically by neighborhood, and understanding the school boundaries. Lots of land that size are going to vary in price between $200-$300k in Rockville for the most part. If she wants under that price point, it can be sold to a builder. If she wants more, it wont sell.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    8y

    I thought the same thing as @Russell Brazil - the house will need to be enormous with unbelievable quality to get that in Rockville. Also have you dealt with the city of Rockville in the past ? They are difficult to deal with. 

    7e investments53 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.