Wholesaler · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2015 · 398 posts · 680 votes
7y
@Darius Anderson When I'm scoping out a new market, I always go where the investment activity is happening. One way to do this is to find all of the zip codes in your target market and determine how many cash sales there were in the previous 12 months. If you have MLS access, then you can easily research these stats. I jump from market-to-market, so to get a realtor in every city I analyze would be time-consuming. I do this by going on List Source and entering in set criteria that can give me an estimate of how many there were. This isn't the most accurate way, but there's only about a 5% margin of error as compared to the MLS. Here is the criteria I use:
I just enter in my zip code to get the number of cash sales in that particular zip. If you see there are like 100 sales in a zip, that's a good sign where you need to be investing in. It's hard to argue that 100 other investors are wrong with where they're buying. Go where the experts are! Hope this helps.
Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 1 vote
7y
Im a wholesaler and actually have a 4 unit apartment under contract that's attached to other units in mableton, Ga. Really any state is good choice if the numbers are right.
@Cody L. Thanks for the input. Houston sounds interesting and like it has a lot of potential. What grade of properties are you investing in in Houston- B, C, etc? Are you finding the places through MLS listings? What areas are you liking?
C properties in B areas in path of progress. Mostly inner (610) loop as its a small defined area that'll be close to all the $ areas.
Im a wholesaler and actually have a 4 unit apartment under contract that's attached to other units in mableton, Ga. Really any state is good choice if the numbers are right.