Will banks accept an NOI appraisal on a 4 unit

Will banks accept an NOI appraisal on a 4 unit

New York, NY · Member since 2016 · 104 posts · 22 votes

I am trying to acquire a 4 unit property and the bank is telling me they won't accept the NOI appraisal method only the comparable method. There aren't a lot of 4 units in my area so the comparable method is not reliable. Are banks not accepting the NOI method or is it just the lender I'm working with?

0Reply
9 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Hollidaysburg, PA · Member since 2015 · 327 posts · 350 votes
    7y

    @Brady Boyer, 4 units or less will be considered residential, and that goes for every bank as far as I know (I have never heard of a bank considering it anything else). Residential properties are based off of comparables (comp's/CMA's) via the appraiser. 5 units or more will utilize NOI and other determining factors for loan appraisals. I hope this helps, and good luck!

  • New York, NY · Member since 2016 · 104 posts · 22 votes
    7y

    @Matt Crusinberry thanks that is helpful. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.