Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Joshua B.
Votes |
new orleans - looking for something specific - & a great realtor

Joshua B.
Posted Mar 11 2019, 03:35

I am looking for a specific type of property in the New Orleans area, reaching out to the forums if anyone has a highly recommended and great realtor that can help find something like this.

Looking for a single- or double-unit place that can double as an Airbnb. I travel a lot for work and plan to use the property when I am in town for business that I plan to be conducting in the New Orleans area. A couple requirements that I am thinking for the place:

1) single or two bedrooms. Can be a one- or two-unit place.

2) Location - looking for out of flood areas, and a nice neighborhood. Looking for something that can either be renovated to a very nice place or something that is already turn key. Basically an “A” - or a “C”/”B” property that can become an A with some work. Location is very important here.

3) Security is important as I will be out of the area at times and I will be renting the unit on AirBnb. This comes back to location, but also may make sense to find something like a flat with a full-service entrance and 24/7 security or a nice duplex in a great area. However, I know that sometimes some of these type of places don’t allow Airbnb.

4) Looking to use VA financing - so a realtor with experience or connects in this is important.

5) flexible on timeline. Optimal goal would be to be close to closing on a property by Jul2019.

Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to weigh in on the NOLA area or has a great point of contact to recommend.

Loading replies...