Closed on a couple properties in Jacksonville, FL

Closed on a couple properties in Jacksonville, FL

Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 5 votes

I wanted to share with you my experience with purchasing a couple properties this week in Jacksonville, FL. I've been a part of the real estate industry for 14+ years now and have been involved in different real estate services to clients: commercial acquisitions, asset management, brokerage, and property management.

This was my first time investing my own money outside of my state of residence. I've done it in the past for clients, but never for myself. My strategy for my own investments has been using the BRRR strategy and I've built my personal real estate portfolio using this process.

My success in closing on these 2 properties (multifamily and single family) in Jacksonville could not be done without the BiggerPockets network. This is where I met GC and RE investor Mark Fries which introduced me to realtor Stephen Morales. Together, these 2 made it happen for me. They helped me from sourcing, due diligence, through closing of these properties. Now, Mark will be starting the rehab of my single family home.

My past investments have always been driving distance from where I reside whether when I lived in Miami, FL and now in Seattle, WA. Being driving distance from my investments has always been my comfort and it wasn't really until I connected on BiggerPockets and listened to the experience and feedback from others that I built the courage and made a decision to invest out of state. So far so good!!!! 

Thank you all and Bigger Pockets.

4Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Contractor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
7y

@Jack Bobeck

I would love to meet up with you!

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2018 · 53 posts · 31 votes
    7y

    Jacksonville is a great place with a lot of good people and some good RE deals.  

  • Seattle, WA · Member since 2016 · 249 posts · 54 votes
    7y

    @Jorge Lago also based ouy of Seattle with 14 doors in JAX. Closing on MFH there in early May. Would love to connect and hear more about where you invested in JAX and the numbers. Congrats!

  • Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    @Mushfiq S. Sounds great. I am going on a business trip for the next 2 weeks, but let’s set up a time to meet and talk when I return. Send me a private message to exchange information.

  • Lender · South Florida · Member since 2018 · 94 posts · 14 votes
    7y

    @Jorge Lago

    What's the price range for both properties, if you don't mind sharing.? thanks

  • Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    $100k-$300k- off market deals

  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    7y

    SFR or MF?

  • Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    1 was SFR and the other was a Triplex

  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2008 · 784 posts · 528 votes
    7y

    That is great to hear, see, there are lots of great people in #Jacksonville! Congrats to all. @Mark Fries some day we have to meet! Congrats to you all! 

  • Contractor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @Jack Bobeck

    I would love to meet up with you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.