Looking for rental property friendly banks in Nebraska.

Looking for rental property friendly banks in Nebraska.

Rental Property Investor · Fremont, NE · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 5 votes

Does anyone have any banking contacts in Nebraska that are rental property friendly? Most bank I contacted for my last deal wanted 20%. I was itching so bad to buy my last property that I just went traditional. The deal was 20% down with a 5.1 ARM at 5.25%. Not the best deal but it's cash flowing $2.75 a month for a single family home. Any contact advice would be appreciated. FICO score is not a problem at over 800. I'm tired of putting all my cash as a down payment. Any suggestions?

0Reply
11 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ryan MahoneyPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Hastings, NE · Member since 2018 · 57 posts · 53 votes
    7y

    @Louie Masters - I use Pinnacle Bank. I was required to put down 20% as well. If you are making improvements, you can always wait a year or so and either refinance (could be costly) or pull money out via a HELOC if allowed. You can also have several properties spaced over several years where the 5 year lock term comes up each year. For example:

    Property A comes up in 2024

    Property B comes up in 2025

    Property C comes up in 2026 ... etc.

    This way each year you could refinance with a new appraisal and 5 years work of mortgage pay-down and probably pull your initial investment cash back out.  Sure you have to front the 20% initially on the first 4-5 properties but as you accumulate more and cash flow increases this will become easier.

  • Rental Property Investor · Fremont, NE · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    @Ryan Mahoney

    Thanks for the advice Ryan. Yes I planned on refinancing in a year or two. I’m just having a difficult time finding investors who are willing to front the cash up front. Having to put 20% down on each property takes time. I am also using pinnacle bank. I have a relationship here locally. Have you used anybody else?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.