I need a consultant to help me through my first deal in Philly

I need a consultant to help me through my first deal in Philly

Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 6 votes

I have a potential deal on a triplex in Philly. Never done a deal and looking for a consultant to help me avoid traffic mistakes. Any recommendations?

0Reply
33 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2018 · 259 posts · 159 votes
7y

Traffic mistakes ? please elaborate. ALso post numbers here and you will get some basic assistance.  When you say 'consultant' that implies you are willing to pay someone to analyze deals for you, which i'm sure you can find people here willing to do.

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2018 · 259 posts · 159 votes
    7y

    Traffic mistakes ? please elaborate. ALso post numbers here and you will get some basic assistance.  When you say 'consultant' that implies you are willing to pay someone to analyze deals for you, which i'm sure you can find people here willing to do.

  • Real Estate Agent · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2018 · 428 posts · 484 votes
    7y

    @Obed H. Bey , is your potential deal one that you are rehabbing yourself? Is it one that you have for a wholesale? And are you looking for avoiding common mistakes on getting under contract, closing, rehab, or listing/finding tenants?

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Kelly DeWinter oops. I meant tragic not traffic. That's what happens when you use your phone and don't proof read.

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Jimmy O'Connor it would be a buy and hold full rehab. The place has mold and possible roof damage. And yes I would be paying a fee to analyze the deal and give feedback.

  • Investor · Cherry Hill, NJ · Member since 2016 · 860 posts · 324 votes
    7y

    @Obed H. Bey

    Location?

    Size?

    Bed/bath count?

    Numbers?

  • Member since 2018 · 60 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    Do you have contractors who can do the rehab?  I think that’s the toughest part when figuring out if a deal is good or not.  Rehab costs can be sky high without the right contractors.  I’m Having lots of trouble finding people who will do the work for a reasonable price.

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    I’ve found finding and keeping good contractors to be the hardest part of a lot of the rehab work I’ve done. Good contractors get busy, and there are a LOT of mediocre contractors out there.

    Good luck! I hope you find someone who can help you through the process. I’d help if I could. :)

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Mike McCarthy thank you. Much appreciated.

  • Member since 2018 · 60 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Mike McCarthy

    very true....they are especially busy now.  I can't seem to find a good roofer anywhere!  Some are telling me that they are busy until mid-October.

  • Member since 2018 · 60 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Mike McCarthy

    very true....they are especially busy now.  I can't seem to find a good roofer anywhere!  Some are telling me that they are busy until mid-October.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.