Invictus Cash Flow in Indianapolis

Invictus Cash Flow in Indianapolis

Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 34 votes

Hello, 

Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with Invictus Cash Flow in Indianapolis. The company runs a turnkey and new-build operations in the Indianapolis market. Much appreciated. 

Jack

0Reply
69 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Consultant · Indianapolis · Member since 2019 · 75 posts · 80 votes
6y

@Neal Stanfield

Sorry for the delay in response but I do not get on here much. At the time that I made this comment I saw a video that they had put out. The property was located in an area of Indianapolis that is not a good area and the area is not being revitalized. Since then I have seen them post properties, that are not new builds, but houses that they have rehabbed. The majority of these properties are in not so great areas either. 

From my research of this company they are nothing more than a low end Turnkey company promising big returns that are just not true. They are doing the same thing that Oceanpoint did when they started out. They put out a lot of videos on how you can get rich through buying turnkey properties and then convince people to buy their properties, in bad areas, by giving them high returns. This model just does not work. At least for the investor buying the TK properties. 

If you choose to use them I suggest that you get a 3rd party to look at the property and the numbers. Just be careful. 

See this reply in the discussion

37 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2019 · 339 posts · 325 votes
    6y

    @Steve Lehman that’s called gentrification

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2017 · 145 posts · 158 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Parker Eberhard:

    @Steve Lehman that’s called gentrification

    No, gentrification is where money pours into a distressed area, a lot of rehabs and new builds get done, a bunch of hip new eateries pop up, eventually Chad and Stacey move in and it ain't the hood any more. 

    When an out of state guy buys one overpriced isolated rehabbed property in the hood, pays retail for it, pays for professional management, pays top dollar plus a markup for all repair work, and watches while the hood remains the hood, that's called losing money.  

    I don't know anything about this company. But Steve L is pretty well known to be no-nonsense. If he says be careful with this business model, you might want to be careful with this business model. 

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    4y
  • Rental Property Investor · Newfield, NJ · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    I would recommend staying far away from Invictus. I believe Terrance the owner wants to do the right thing however the follow through is far from existent. I foolishly bought 5 properties with them and I regret everyone unfortunately. I was fairly new to the turnkey investment game and I am still recovering from the damage done. They are no longer managing our properties. We are now using PMI Meridian. We have been with them for almost a year now and we have had a much better experience so far. I hate to say something negative about Invictus however I more so hate to see another investor go through what I went though. If you have more direct questions please feel free to reach out (DM)

  • Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Mark Vandzura:

    I would recommend staying far away from Invictus. I believe Terrance the owner wants to do the right thing however the follow through is far from existent. I foolishly bought 5 properties with them and I regret everyone unfortunately. I was fairly new to the turnkey investment game and I am still recovering from the damage done. They are no longer managing our properties. We are now using PMI Meridian. We have been with them for almost a year now and we have had a much better experience so far. I hate to say something negative about Invictus however I more so hate to see another investor go through what I went though. If you have more direct questions please feel free to reach out (DM)


  • Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Kim Raven:
    Quote from @Mark Vandzura:

    I would recommend staying far away from Invictus. I believe Terrance the owner wants to do the right thing however the follow through is far from existent. I foolishly bought 5 properties with them and I regret everyone unfortunately. I was fairly new to the turnkey investment game and I am still recovering from the damage done. They are no longer managing our properties. We are now using PMI Meridian. We have been with them for almost a year now and we have had a much better experience so far. I hate to say something negative about Invictus however I more so hate to see another investor go through what I went though. If you have more direct questions please feel free to reach out (DM)


    Hi Mark,
    Thank you for sharing your experience. I’ve been searching for someone who has had the same experiences with Invictus as my husband and myself. I finally found someone who can understand and we share your pain and regret. We foolishly bought 13 properties from Invictus and it’s been nothing less than a nightmare. With all do respect, we absolutely do not share your opinion about “Terrance wanting to do the right thing.” We were constantly lied to and discovered after our new property management company took over, what an absolute mess our properties were in. Our new management company had never seen anything like it. It’s been four painful years of trying to recover. I’m sorry we both had this horrific experience. We agree, stay away from Invictus and spread the word.

    All the best to you..and thanks again. 


  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    4y

    The biggest challenges with Turnkey providers:

    1) Terrible renovation work - we've taken over many properties that investor bought turnkey and they were shocked to learn the true condition of their property from our TakeOver video.
    ---So, get a GREAT property inspector NOT recommended by the turnkey company to avoid bias.

    2) Misrepresenting Property Class - have seen many turnkey providers in Metro Detroit area sell OOS investors Class C properties as Class B.
    ---So, learn the neighborhoods where you plan to invest and use Google Streetview to virtually explore them.

    3) Poor Tenant Screening - they typically can't sell a property until they place a tenant. So, they have a conflict of interest in waiting for the right tenant.
    ---So, insist on them providing the rental application and supporting docs for your review. This means YOU need to learn how to evaluate a rental application!

    4) Poor Property Management - Where do you think a turnkey provider will put their best staff, on selling properties and making $5k+/transaction or on property management and making $80/month transactions?
    ---So, ask about their standard operating procedures and make sure your management contract has an easy termination clause.

    What are your options if you experience one of the above? Everyone thinks they can sue to solve the problem.

    Do you realize how much it will cost to hire an OOS attorney to sue the turnkey company?

    Unfortunately, the majority of investors that experience terrible service from turnkey companies, figure out that it's not worth spending tens of thousands of dollars suing their turnkey provider and just move on - which allows the turnkey provider to not change their ways and stay in business:(

    You should also check out this BP thread about the topic:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/88/topics/976647-turnkey-company-suggestion?highlight_post=5648876&page=1#p5648876

  • Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Drew Sygit:

    The biggest challenges with Turnkey providers:

    1) Terrible renovation work - we've taken over many properties that investor bought turnkey and they were shocked to learn the true condition of their property from our TakeOver video.
    ---So, get a GREAT property inspector NOT recommended by the turnkey company to avoid bias.

    2) Misrepresenting Property Class - have seen many turnkey providers in Metro Detroit area sell OOS investors Class C properties as Class B.
    ---So, learn the neighborhoods where you plan to invest and use Google Streetview to virtually explore them.

    3) Poor Tenant Screening - they typically can't sell a property until they place a tenant. So, they have a conflict of interest in waiting for the right tenant.
    ---So, insist on them providing the rental application and supporting docs for your review. This means YOU need to learn how to evaluate a rental application!

    4) Poor Property Management - Where do you think a turnkey provider will put their best staff, on selling properties and making $5k+/transaction or on property management and making $80/month transactions?
    ---So, ask about their standard operating procedures and make sure your management contract has an easy termination clause.

    What are your options if you experience one of the above? Everyone thinks they can sue to solve the problem.

    Do you realize how much it will cost to hire an OOS attorney to sue the turnkey company?

    Unfortunately, the majority of investors that experience terrible service from turnkey companies, figure out that it's not worth spending tens of thousands of dollars suing their turnkey provider and just move on - which allows the turnkey provider to not change their ways and stay in business:(

    You should also check out this BP thread about the topic:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/88/topics/976647-turnkey-company-suggestion?highlight_post=5648876&page=1#p5648876

    Thank you, Drew!

    This is absolutely great advice for anyone who’s thinking about investing! I wish we would have been more educated and wise when we invested with Invictus. It’s been a very difficult lesson on many levels. We were encouraged to investigate with Invictus through our Financial Advisor, which I found out later was connected and I’m sure..getting kickbacks.

    Investing with Invictus has been one of the most difficult experiences of my live, and if I can safe one person from trusting and making the same mistakes, I feel good about that. I’m a true believer in Karma also. Please don’t be fooled by this scam. They are still in business, making lots of money, hurting others. Stay away!


  • Rental Property Investor · Vancouver, BC. Canada · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Kim Raven:
    Quote from @Kim Raven:
    Quote from @Mark Vandzura:

    I would recommend staying far away from Invictus. I believe Terrance the owner wants to do the right thing however the follow through is far from existent. I foolishly bought 5 properties with them and I regret everyone unfortunately. I was fairly new to the turnkey investment game and I am still recovering from the damage done. They are no longer managing our properties. We are now using PMI Meridian. We have been with them for almost a year now and we have had a much better experience so far. I hate to say something negative about Invictus however I more so hate to see another investor go through what I went though. If you have more direct questions please feel free to reach out (DM)


    Hi Mark,
    Thank you for sharing your experience. I’ve been searching for someone who has had the same experiences with Invictus as my husband and myself. I finally found someone who can understand and we share your pain and regret. We foolishly bought 13 properties from Invictus and it’s been nothing less than a nightmare. With all do respect, we absolutely do not share your opinion about “Terrance wanting to do the right thing.” We were constantly lied to and discovered after our new property management company took over, what an absolute mess our properties were in. Our new management company had never seen anything like it. It’s been four painful years of trying to recover. I’m sorry we both had this horrific experience. We agree, stay away from Invictus and spread the word.

    All the best to you..and thanks again. 



  • Rental Property Investor · Vancouver, BC. Canada · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Kim Raven:
    Quote from @Kim Raven:
    Quote from @Mark Vandzura:

    I would recommend staying far away from Invictus. I believe Terrance the owner wants to do the right thing however the follow through is far from existent. I foolishly bought 5 properties with them and I regret everyone unfortunately. I was fairly new to the turnkey investment game and I am still recovering from the damage done. They are no longer managing our properties. We are now using PMI Meridian. We have been with them for almost a year now and we have had a much better experience so far. I hate to say something negative about Invictus however I more so hate to see another investor go through what I went though. If you have more direct questions please feel free to reach out (DM)


    Hi Mark,
    Thank you for sharing your experience. I’ve been searching for someone who has had the same experiences with Invictus as my husband and myself. I finally found someone who can understand and we share your pain and regret. We foolishly bought 13 properties from Invictus and it’s been nothing less than a nightmare. With all do respect, we absolutely do not share your opinion about “Terrance wanting to do the right thing.” We were constantly lied to and discovered after our new property management company took over, what an absolute mess our properties were in. Our new management company had never seen anything like it. It’s been four painful years of trying to recover. I’m sorry we both had this horrific experience. We agree, stay away from Invictus and spread the word.

    All the best to you..and thanks again. 



  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Kim Raven:
    Quote from @Kim Raven:
    Quote from @Mark Vandzura:

    I would recommend staying far away from Invictus. I believe Terrance the owner wants to do the right thing however the follow through is far from existent. I foolishly bought 5 properties with them and I regret everyone unfortunately. I was fairly new to the turnkey investment game and I am still recovering from the damage done. They are no longer managing our properties. We are now using PMI Meridian. We have been with them for almost a year now and we have had a much better experience so far. I hate to say something negative about Invictus however I more so hate to see another investor go through what I went though. If you have more direct questions please feel free to reach out (DM)


    Hi Mark,
    Thank you for sharing your experience. I’ve been searching for someone who has had the same experiences with Invictus as my husband and myself. I finally found someone who can understand and we share your pain and regret. We foolishly bought 13 properties from Invictus and it’s been nothing less than a nightmare. With all do respect, we absolutely do not share your opinion about “Terrance wanting to do the right thing.” We were constantly lied to and discovered after our new property management company took over, what an absolute mess our properties were in. Our new management company had never seen anything like it. It’s been four painful years of trying to recover. I’m sorry we both had this horrific experience. We agree, stay away from Invictus and spread the word.

    All the best to you..and thanks again. 



     Absolutely agree with ALL points, Kim Raven!  I am surprised that they seem to avoid getting incarcerated! 

  • Member since 2023 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Kim, what you wanted was for me to guarantee your rents and I can’t do that.

    Also, we grew the property management company too fast and stopped being able to do a great job at it which is why we got out of that business. We recognized that and connected people with new property managers.



    Quote from @Kim Raven:
    Quote from @Kim Raven:
    Quote from @Mark Vandzura:

    I would recommend staying far away from Invictus. I believe Terrance the owner wants to do the right thing however the follow through is far from existent. I foolishly bought 5 properties with them and I regret everyone unfortunately. I was fairly new to the turnkey investment game and I am still recovering from the damage done. They are no longer managing our properties. We are now using PMI Meridian. We have been with them for almost a year now and we have had a much better experience so far. I hate to say something negative about Invictus however I more so hate to see another investor go through what I went though. If you have more direct questions please feel free to reach out (DM)


    Hi Mark,
    Thank you for sharing your experience. I’ve been searching for someone who has had the same experiences with Invictus as my husband and myself. I finally found someone who can understand and we share your pain and regret. We foolishly bought 13 properties from Invictus and it’s been nothing less than a nightmare. With all do respect, we absolutely do not share your opinion about “Terrance wanting to do the right thing.” We were constantly lied to and discovered after our new property management company took over, what an absolute mess our properties were in. Our new management company had never seen anything like it. It’s been four painful years of trying to recover. I’m sorry we both had this horrific experience. We agree, stay away from Invictus and spread the word.

    All the best to you..and thanks again. 



Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.