Invictus Cash Flow in Indianapolis

27 Replies

Hello, 

Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with Invictus Cash Flow in Indianapolis. The company runs a turnkey and new-build operations in the Indianapolis market. Much appreciated. 

Jack

I'm looking at them right now too.  I was referred to them from Mid South, a Memphis-based company that has a great reputation but a 6-month wait list.  According to Mid South, they're a reputable company that also does new build.  Please let me know if you get any more feedback!

@Neal Stanfield

Sorry for the delay in response but I do not get on here much. At the time that I made this comment I saw a video that they had put out. The property was located in an area of Indianapolis that is not a good area and the area is not being revitalized. Since then I have seen them post properties, that are not new builds, but houses that they have rehabbed. The majority of these properties are in not so great areas either. 

From my research of this company they are nothing more than a low end Turnkey company promising big returns that are just not true. They are doing the same thing that Oceanpoint did when they started out. They put out a lot of videos on how you can get rich through buying turnkey properties and then convince people to buy their properties, in bad areas, by giving them high returns. This model just does not work. At least for the investor buying the TK properties. 

If you choose to use them I suggest that you get a 3rd party to look at the property and the numbers. Just be careful. 

@Jack Liu , @Joy Graham , @Tina Pauley , @Neal Stanfield I don't know Invictus at all so this isn't directed at them but buying in bad neighborhoods without a stellar PM is a recipe for loss. Also turn key deals don't typically leave you with any equity. There are probably some reasonable TK companies out there that can help you with a BRRRR but I don't know any of them. If you want to do a BRRRR there are better options at least in Indianapolis. I just helped a friend buy his very first rehab, he got it fixed up and leased for 2 years. The key is taking on some risk and buying a house in need of rehab. If it's already fixed up the seller took the risk and you don't get any equity in the deal.

There are a few wholesalers and property managers in Indy I know that can help you make this happen but you have to be okay with buying distressed and rehabbing. 

Good luck!

@Jeb Brilliant - Hi Jeb, I’ve been listening and reading a lot about the Brrrr process and I am very interested in getting started but thought maybe I should start with a TK just go get my feet wet.

I’m okay with the risk, but plan on reducing it as much as possible by sharing it with people that have a vested interest as well (the PM, contractors, etc.). Do you think just diving into a rehab is the fastest way to learn and get into this business va TK?

By the way, what companies(PMs, rtfs) were you referring to in Indianapolis to connect with? I’d like to start right away.

My main goal is to establish partnerships, put a lot of time so I can learn the business by doing it, and being profitable on the way.

Again, thank you form your thoughts.

@Neal Stanfield

Hi Neal, I didn't go through my purchase with Invictus. If you are interested in hearing the story, you can send me a DM. Thanks! 

@Jeb Brilliant

Hi Jeb, I just purchased my first investment property in the Indianapolis market and would like to expand my network. Can I DM you to get some information on the property manager/wholesaler you recommend? Thanks! 

Originally posted by @Jack Liu :

@Neal Stanfield

Hi Neal, I didn't go through my purchase with Invictus. If you are interested in hearing the story, you can send me a DM. Thanks! 

@Jeb Brilliant

Hi Jeb, I just purchased my first investment property in the Indianapolis market and would like to expand my network. Can I DM you to get some information on the property manager/wholesaler you recommend? Thanks! 

Absolutely Jack. DM me and I'll share whatever I can with you. 

Steve Lehman works on one of the most credible and reputable teams in Indianapolis. If he's giving you advice, I would take it. 

Glancing at their website, a lot of red flags.

(1)  For a company (ostensibly) operating in Indianapolis, why don't they list an Indianapolis telephone number?  Only a toll-free number and a Columbus, OH number.

(2)  Who is behind this venture?  What is his/her name?  I see pictures of some people, but I didn't see one mention of who they are & what their experience is.

(3)  What is the address of this company?  Is it in Indianapolis, or other?

(4)  Take any of their sold properties, and then plot them on a crime heat map.  You will very quickly see the quality of those locations.