Invictus Cash Flow in Indianapolis

Invictus Cash Flow in Indianapolis

Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 34 votes

Hello, 

Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with Invictus Cash Flow in Indianapolis. The company runs a turnkey and new-build operations in the Indianapolis market. Much appreciated. 

Jack

0Reply
103 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Consultant · Indianapolis · Member since 2019 · 75 posts · 80 votes
6y

@Neal Stanfield

Sorry for the delay in response but I do not get on here much. At the time that I made this comment I saw a video that they had put out. The property was located in an area of Indianapolis that is not a good area and the area is not being revitalized. Since then I have seen them post properties, that are not new builds, but houses that they have rehabbed. The majority of these properties are in not so great areas either. 

From my research of this company they are nothing more than a low end Turnkey company promising big returns that are just not true. They are doing the same thing that Oceanpoint did when they started out. They put out a lot of videos on how you can get rich through buying turnkey properties and then convince people to buy their properties, in bad areas, by giving them high returns. This model just does not work. At least for the investor buying the TK properties. 

If you choose to use them I suggest that you get a 3rd party to look at the property and the numbers. Just be careful. 

See this reply in the discussion

37 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Looking at them now. Would be great to hear some real world experience with them.

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    I'm looking at them right now too.  I was referred to them from Mid South, a Memphis-based company that has a great reputation but a 6-month wait list.  According to Mid South, they're a reputable company that also does new build.  Please let me know if you get any more feedback!

  • Real Estate Consultant · Indianapolis · Member since 2019 · 75 posts · 80 votes
    7y

    They are building brand new properties in the hood. Buyer beware!! This is a warning. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Chandler. AZ · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Following. Mid South also referred them to me.

  • New to Real Estate · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 37 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Steve Lehman

    I’m looking at them as well (they were referred to me by my tax guy). Why do you say new builds are a big warning?

  • New to Real Estate · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 37 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Jack Liu - did you end up working with them? I am also looking at working with them.

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2013 · 919 posts · 911 votes
    6y

    @Neal Stanfield, new & hood are not usually terms that are seen side by side.  ;-) Kind of like govt & frugal.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Indianapolis · Member since 2019 · 75 posts · 80 votes
    6y

    @Neal Stanfield

    Sorry for the delay in response but I do not get on here much. At the time that I made this comment I saw a video that they had put out. The property was located in an area of Indianapolis that is not a good area and the area is not being revitalized. Since then I have seen them post properties, that are not new builds, but houses that they have rehabbed. The majority of these properties are in not so great areas either. 

    From my research of this company they are nothing more than a low end Turnkey company promising big returns that are just not true. They are doing the same thing that Oceanpoint did when they started out. They put out a lot of videos on how you can get rich through buying turnkey properties and then convince people to buy their properties, in bad areas, by giving them high returns. This model just does not work. At least for the investor buying the TK properties. 

    If you choose to use them I suggest that you get a 3rd party to look at the property and the numbers. Just be careful. 

  • Nick GiulioniPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Carmel, IN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 615 votes
    6y

    I'd pass... based on what I've heard. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2015 · 623 posts · 155 votes
    6y

    @Jack Liu , @Joy Graham , @Tina Pauley , @Neal Stanfield I don't know Invictus at all so this isn't directed at them but buying in bad neighborhoods without a stellar PM is a recipe for loss. Also turn key deals don't typically leave you with any equity. There are probably some reasonable TK companies out there that can help you with a BRRRR but I don't know any of them. If you want to do a BRRRR there are better options at least in Indianapolis. I just helped a friend buy his very first rehab, he got it fixed up and leased for 2 years. The key is taking on some risk and buying a house in need of rehab. If it's already fixed up the seller took the risk and you don't get any equity in the deal.

    There are a few wholesalers and property managers in Indy I know that can help you make this happen but you have to be okay with buying distressed and rehabbing. 

    Good luck!

  • New to Real Estate · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 37 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Dt Morrison I agree. I am probably going to get one proponerte with them as my tax guy has a few and is highly recommending me to do it.

  • New to Real Estate · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 37 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Joy Graham I will let you know for sure. Thank you. Let me know if you start working with them as well.

  • New to Real Estate · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 37 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Steve Lehman why do you say that?

  • New to Real Estate · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 37 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Alan Grobmeier thank you.

  • New to Real Estate · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 37 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Steve Lehman great insight. Thank your for sharing your insight. It helps me out.

  • New to Real Estate · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 37 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Nick Giulioni

    - thank you. What alternative do you recommend?

  • New to Real Estate · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 37 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Jeb Brilliant - Hi Jeb, I’ve been listening and reading a lot about the Brrrr process and I am very interested in getting started but thought maybe I should start with a TK just go get my feet wet.

    I’m okay with the risk, but plan on reducing it as much as possible by sharing it with people that have a vested interest as well (the PM, contractors, etc.). Do you think just diving into a rehab is the fastest way to learn and get into this business va TK?

    By the way, what companies(PMs, rtfs) were you referring to in Indianapolis to connect with? I’d like to start right away.

    My main goal is to establish partnerships, put a lot of time so I can learn the business by doing it, and being profitable on the way.

    Again, thank you form your thoughts.

  • Rental Property Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2015 · 623 posts · 155 votes
    6y

    @Neal Stanfield

    I DM’d you bc I don’t post recommendations publicly.

  • Rental Property Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2015 · 623 posts · 155 votes
    6y

    @Neal Stanfield

    Actually I’m not sure my DM went through. If u DM we we’ll connect.

  • Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 34 votes
    6y

    @Neal Stanfield

    Hi Neal, I didn't go through my purchase with Invictus. If you are interested in hearing the story, you can send me a DM. Thanks! 

    @Jeb Brilliant

    Hi Jeb, I just purchased my first investment property in the Indianapolis market and would like to expand my network. Can I DM you to get some information on the property manager/wholesaler you recommend? Thanks! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2015 · 623 posts · 155 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jack Liu:

    @Neal Stanfield

    Hi Neal, I didn't go through my purchase with Invictus. If you are interested in hearing the story, you can send me a DM. Thanks! 

    @Jeb Brilliant

    Hi Jeb, I just purchased my first investment property in the Indianapolis market and would like to expand my network. Can I DM you to get some information on the property manager/wholesaler you recommend? Thanks! 

     Absolutely Jack. DM me and I'll share whatever I can with you. 

  • Realtor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 408 posts · 361 votes
    6y

    Steve Lehman works on one of the most credible and reputable teams in Indianapolis. If he's giving you advice, I would take it. 

  • Investor · Carmel, IN · Member since 2014 · 332 posts · 245 votes
    6y

    Glancing at their website, a lot of red flags.

    (1)  For a company (ostensibly) operating in Indianapolis, why don't they list an Indianapolis telephone number?  Only a toll-free number and a Columbus, OH number.

    (2)  Who is behind this venture?  What is his/her name?  I see pictures of some people, but I didn't see one mention of who they are & what their experience is.

    (3)  What is the address of this company?  Is it in Indianapolis, or other?

    (4)  Take any of their sold properties, and then plot them on a crime heat map.  You will very quickly see the quality of those locations.

  • Investor · Indianapolis · Member since 2019 · 108 posts · 69 votes
    6y

    @Matthew Schroeder You make some great points here!  

  • Financial Advisor · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    6y
    Hey Steve, Terrence here. I'm the owner of Invictus Cashflow. Super nice of you to mix in my name with Oceanpoint. We buy properties all over Indianapolis and have the utmost integrity. I started helping people 10+ years ago when I ran my investment firm. It's a shame that we've never met but I have to come on here and meet you this way. I would suggest not giving people advice on a company you have done very little research on. We buy properties anywhere between A-C class and all over Indianapolis. 

    The facts are over time you can get rich if you invest in the right investments and real estate can be one of those. I'm not a guy who got into this business because real estate was the next hot thing. I got into this business because I know the world of money and how I can help people. My company is far from perfect as is real estate.

    Your blanket comments about how we're just like Ocean Point advising clients to buy in bad areas where they don't make money isn't true. My company buys, renovates and helps people with hundreds of houses a year and I would never find myself on a forum trying to give other people advise about a company I know very little about. 

    We buy the properties first. We don't just broker deals. I'm not some pretend real estate investor. This is what I've been doing for a long time and it's what I'll be doing for a long time from now. I'm not here for the cliche sayings or the fear. I'm going to help 100 people this year get on track to replace their income with real estate. Whether they do it  turn key or they start it themselves.

    Anyways, Happy Investing everyone! Get information that helps move you towards your goals not information that creates fear and keeps you from your goals.

    -Terrence
    CEO Invictus



    Originally posted by @Steve Lehman:

    @Neal Stanfield

    Sorry for the delay in response but I do not get on here much. At the time that I made this comment I saw a video that they had put out. The property was located in an area of Indianapolis that is not a good area and the area is not being revitalized. Since then I have seen them post properties, that are not new builds, but houses that they have rehabbed. The majority of these properties are in not so great areas either. 

    From my research of this company they are nothing more than a low end Turnkey company promising big returns that are just not true. They are doing the same thing that Oceanpoint did when they started out. They put out a lot of videos on how you can get rich through buying turnkey properties and then convince people to buy their properties, in bad areas, by giving them high returns. This model just does not work. At least for the investor buying the TK properties. 

    If you choose to use them I suggest that you get a 3rd party to look at the property and the numbers. Just be careful. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.