Looking to buy a Short Term Rental in Orlando area

6 Replies

I reside in Miami and I'm getting prepared to begin the process of looking for a str in the surrounding Orlando area (I know Orlando doesn't allow str). I was hoping to hear some advice from current investors, agents, or anyone who has experience in this area/market already. I know it won't be easy to find something profitable, but seeing as I have a young son (who loves the parks) and friends in who reside there, I'm willing to at least try and search for a property. 

I have 3 main questions: what areas should I consider (a friend suggested Davenport, any thoughts)? Assuming either numbers work, what's typically more in demand: a smaller apartment/ townhome with HOA (that also includes amenities like pool and game room, etc), or a bigger sfh with private pool?

And as for my last question (it's really more of a favor), I know how important the core four are, so please any recommendations on lenders/ agents/ and property managers would be greatly appreciated!!! 

Hi Karina,

Happy Sunday! I am a property manager for FreeStyle Florida property management, we are a family-owned and operated company. We cover Orlando, Osceola, and Polk area, our main area of focus is Davenport. There is a community located in Osceola County called Villa Sol which allows for STR and perhaps a place to consider, they also have new construction builds, townhomes and single-family. Take a look at the website link for more info: https://reyhomes.com/community/villasol/

Davenport is another key area which attracts a lot of STR, it's convenience for the parks makes it a prime destination for those visiting Florida. There are many places to consider when looking into Davenport, I'd love to connect with you and go over any questions you may have about areas/property management, or any other questions. I'll send you a direct email to your account with all my info.

Thank you,

Jordan Monaghan

Hey Karina - I actually bought a property in Davenport when the market blew up back in 2008/2009.  It worked out for me back then, but did have a lot of lessons I learned from it.  Msg me and I can point out a good location and some contacts that were very good and I guess some positives/negatives about Davenport.

Originally posted by @Karina Ruiz :

I reside in Miami and I'm getting prepared to begin the process of looking for a str in the surrounding Orlando area (I know Orlando doesn't allow str). I was hoping to hear some advice from current investors, agents, or anyone who has experience in this area/market already. I know it won't be easy to find something profitable, but seeing as I have a young son (who loves the parks) and friends in who reside there, I'm willing to at least try and search for a property. 

I have 3 main questions: what areas should I consider (a friend suggested Davenport, any thoughts)? Assuming either numbers work, what's typically more in demand: a smaller apartment/ townhome with HOA (that also includes amenities like pool and game room, etc), or a bigger sfh with private pool?

And as for my last question (it's really more of a favor), I know how important the core four are, so please any recommendations on lenders/ agents/ and property managers would be greatly appreciated!!! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here