Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 1 vote
I’m looking to begin a portfolio in northern Utah due to my frequent travels to the area, and i believe that investment in this arwa would behoove me due to recent growth and because it would be a vacation tax write off.
I’m hoping to find investment partners in the area would would stabilize the risk of buying out of state properties (I live in LA)
Rental Property Investor · Lehi, UT · Member since 2016 · 105 posts · 96 votes
6y
@Lucas Schneider - What type of investment are you looking for? Are you looking for small MF or SFR? Or are you looking for more of a JV with a partner or two on an apartment? Or looking to be more passive and invest in a syndication? I live in northern Utah and if I can answer any questions or be of assistance please let me know.
Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 1 vote
6y
@Casey Christensen
I've got the connections for PM, contractor, etc so I can purchase SFRs and be passive from a distance. Syndication is probably not the forerunners option, but it's definitely a possibility if the syndicate has a good ROI and track record.
Hoping to find out which areas of the Wasatch are expanding and have the potential for passive cash flow
Layton, UT · Member since 2019 · 85 posts · 49 votes
6y
For rentals, the Utah market stinks. For flipping, I don't know. I don't plan to do hardly any flipping, and I live in Utah, so I'm starting to invest in Indianapolis.
Real Estate Agent · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 7 votes
6y
Yeah when it comes to Utah markets and rentals you have to think outside the box. It would be really hard to do a rental in the traditional sense. My suggestions for a rental would be to rent out the rooms individually; or if you're close to a resort, airbnb any space that you can. I hope everything works out for you!
New to Real Estate · Salt Lake City · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 6 votes
6y
Lucas, after spending some time searching this area for deals I have to agree with the previous comments. The market here in SLC and the surrounding area looks pretty dismal for rentals. I live here in SLC and I am looking into investing in my first property but it seems like it would be a better idea to invest long distance. However, I'm not sure it would be a great idea considering I am such a newbie!
Property Manager · St George, UT · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 8 votes
6y
We (and the investors we work with) have been selling northern Utah rentals and 1031ing the money into St George (Utah) area. We are down to one property (in Lehi). Not a statement of how the market up there is, just nice to bring it all back to our backyard.