Books that have inspired you

Books that have inspired you

Rental Property Investor · Visalia, CA · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 20 votes

Hello BP community!!!!

I would love to hear what business, autobiography, or real estate books (or any other subject) that have inspired you both in business and in personal growth! I just finished Shoe Dog by Phil Knight. What an incredible story! Would have never picked it up to read if it had not been a recommendation from one of the BP podcast guests (sorry, I can't remember which guest to give proper credit. @Brandon Turner might know to give credit to the source). I realized in reading that book that there is a lot to learn not just from the real estate books, I usually pick, but also from people's personal journeys in life and business. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

3Reply
44 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Central, FL · Member since 2016 · 950 posts · 821 votes
6y

@Monique O.

So this is a very long list, some I’ve read but this is my to read list.  All taken from the podcasts and recommended by guests.  Sorry for the formatting, I listen to the podcasts while working out or running so it’s just me randomly typing into a notepad.

The one thing book by Gary keller

The millionaire mindset

The richest man in Babylon

**** To read (personal favorites)

Abc of real estate investing (apartment investing)

Start small profit big in real estate

Building wealth one house at a time

How to landlord on autopilot

Cash flow quadrant

From 0 to 130 properties in 3.5 years

Millionaire real estate investor

Trump style negotiation

Section 8 bible

Missed fortune 101

Make it big

40 secrets to success

Estimating rehab costs (on bigger pockets) flipping book

Think and grow rich

How I turned a 1,000 into 5,000,000 by William Nickerson

The ABC's of real estate investing

Getting things done by David Allen

Numbers book

Complete guide to real estate finance for investors

Real estate investments and how to make them : by tanzer

36 hour in investing course

How I turned 1,000 to 3 million

Money academy for couples

36 other key finical measures

Free ebook

Ten commandments for real estate investors

Rich dad poor dad

David books

Trump art of the comeback

Art of the deal

Snowball warren Buffy and the business of life

The intelligent investor 1940's

Seven habits of highly effective people

Fixing and flipping real estate strategies for the post boom marketplace

Getting things done

Think and grow rich

Essential handbook for landlords

The secrets of the millionaire mind

Real leaders don't do PowerPoint

E myth and e myth revisited

How to win at the sport of business

Serious creativity

The four hour work week

The four agreements

Crush it

See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Central, FL · Member since 2016 · 950 posts · 821 votes
    6y

    @Monique O.

    So this is a very long list, some I’ve read but this is my to read list.  All taken from the podcasts and recommended by guests.  Sorry for the formatting, I listen to the podcasts while working out or running so it’s just me randomly typing into a notepad.

    The one thing book by Gary keller

    The millionaire mindset

    The richest man in Babylon

    **** To read (personal favorites)

    Abc of real estate investing (apartment investing)

    Start small profit big in real estate

    Building wealth one house at a time

    How to landlord on autopilot

    Cash flow quadrant

    From 0 to 130 properties in 3.5 years

    Millionaire real estate investor

    Trump style negotiation

    Section 8 bible

    Missed fortune 101

    Make it big

    40 secrets to success

    Estimating rehab costs (on bigger pockets) flipping book

    Think and grow rich

    How I turned a 1,000 into 5,000,000 by William Nickerson

    The ABC's of real estate investing

    Getting things done by David Allen

    Numbers book

    Complete guide to real estate finance for investors

    Real estate investments and how to make them : by tanzer

    36 hour in investing course

    How I turned 1,000 to 3 million

    Money academy for couples

    36 other key finical measures

    Free ebook

    Ten commandments for real estate investors

    Rich dad poor dad

    David books

    Trump art of the comeback

    Art of the deal

    Snowball warren Buffy and the business of life

    The intelligent investor 1940's

    Seven habits of highly effective people

    Fixing and flipping real estate strategies for the post boom marketplace

    Getting things done

    Think and grow rich

    Essential handbook for landlords

    The secrets of the millionaire mind

    Real leaders don't do PowerPoint

    E myth and e myth revisited

    How to win at the sport of business

    Serious creativity

    The four hour work week

    The four agreements

    Crush it

  • Rental Property Investor · Visalia, CA · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    @Eric C. Absolutely awesome! Thank you for taking the time to reply.. I will definitely have to add those to my list to read!

  • Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    Shoe dog... 2 thumbs up

  • Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss... keeps me thinking back to pages where he cites, that by "settling", neither party wins.. so practical yet true.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego · Member since 2019 · 109 posts · 87 votes
    6y

    @Monique O'Dell I'd add ‘How to win friends and influence people' by Dale Carnegie to the list. Not a REI book but probably in line with what you're looking for. 👌

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Eric C.

    Wow thank you!

  • Investor · MS · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    The 10X rule by Grant Cardone

  • Rental Property Investor · Visalia, CA · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 20 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Eric Wallet:

    Shoe dog... 2 thumbs up

    I agree.. outstanding book!

  • Rental Property Investor · Visalia, CA · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    @Eric Wallet.. thank you! Just added it to my must read list!

  • Rental Property Investor · Visalia, CA · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    @Kyle Smith thank you so much!

  • Rental Property Investor · Visalia, CA · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    @Ryan Henderson read it. I agree... great book.

  • None · Member since 2018 · 125 posts · 46 votes
    6y

    @Monique O'Dell perhaps not that original but the best mindset books for me were: the Four Hour Work week, Rich Dad Poor Dad, Cashflow Quadrant, Set for Life by Scott Trench and more specifically real estate: How to Invest in Real Estate by Brandon and Josh is great.

  • Rental Property Investor · Visalia, CA · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    @Kristin Caras Awesome!

    Thank you...

  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Monique O'Dell the book that really made me change my life was "You are a BADASS" by Jen Sincero. She applies concepts from Wallace Waddles, Napoleon Hill, Robert Kiyosaki and others and buts them in a very conversational way. I listened to the audio book that she read herself. Whenever I feel myself plateau I will relisten to that or her "You are a BADASS: Making Money". Both motivate me and help me stomp down my fear and take the next M.I.N.S.!

  • Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2014 · 730 posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Monique O'Dell Cash Flow Quadrant changed my life. I regularly give it out as gifts

  • Rental Property Investor · Visalia, CA · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 20 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    @Monique O'Dell Cash Flow Quadrant changed my life. I regularly give it out as gifts

    I will absolutely add this to my list. Thank you!

  • Rental Property Investor · Visalia, CA · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 20 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Kristi Aliaga:

    @Monique O'Dell the book that really made me change my life was "You are a BADASS" by Jen Sincero. She applies concepts from Wallace Waddles, Napoleon Hill, Robert Kiyosaki and others and buts them in a very conversational way. I listened to the audio book that she read herself. Whenever I feel myself plateau I will relisten to that or her "You are a BADASS: Making Money". Both motivate me and help me stomp down my fear and take the next M.I.N.S.!

     I love the title! A definite add. Thank you!

  • Rental Property Investor · Palm Desert ca · Member since 2016 · 101 posts · 72 votes
    6y

    @Monique O'Dell I just did a YouTube video on my top 6:)

  • Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2019 · 77 posts · 44 votes
    6y

    "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" for me. Gave me a swift kick in the rear end and got me going. Pumped me up. 

    "Miracle Morning" by Hal Elrod. Life changing. 

  • Investor · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2017 · 21 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    -Total Money Makeover was financially life changing

    -Think and Grow Rich is great for mindset

    -How To Win Friends and Influence People for interacting with others


    *bonus*


    -Sapiens, a Brief History of Humankind was just so dang good I had to mention it

  • Specialist · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2017 · 41 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    @Monique O'Dell

    The untethered soul

    The millionaire real estate agent

    E myth

    For productivity:

    Essentialism

    Miracle morning

    12 week year

    Eat that frog

    The one thing Gary Keller

    Getting things done

    Work the system Sam carpenter

    All the best!

    Aaron

  • Rental Property Investor · Visalia, CA · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    @Richard Gonzales love the extra bonus title!

  • Rental Property Investor · Visalia, CA · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    @Aaron Clements

    Eat the frog sounds like a very interesting read! Thank you!

  • Rental Property Investor · Visalia, CA · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    @Kata Walters I will check it out! Thank you!

  • Rental Property Investor · CA · Member since 2018 · 225 posts · 180 votes
    6y

    @Monique O'Dell

    Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.