Books that have inspired you

Books that have inspired you

Rental Property Investor · Visalia, CA · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 20 votes

Hello BP community!!!!

I would love to hear what business, autobiography, or real estate books (or any other subject) that have inspired you both in business and in personal growth! I just finished Shoe Dog by Phil Knight. What an incredible story! Would have never picked it up to read if it had not been a recommendation from one of the BP podcast guests (sorry, I can't remember which guest to give proper credit. @Brandon Turner might know to give credit to the source). I realized in reading that book that there is a lot to learn not just from the real estate books, I usually pick, but also from people's personal journeys in life and business. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

3Reply
47 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Central, FL · Member since 2016 · 950 posts · 821 votes
6y

@Monique O.

So this is a very long list, some I’ve read but this is my to read list.  All taken from the podcasts and recommended by guests.  Sorry for the formatting, I listen to the podcasts while working out or running so it’s just me randomly typing into a notepad.

The one thing book by Gary keller

The millionaire mindset

The richest man in Babylon

**** To read (personal favorites)

Abc of real estate investing (apartment investing)

Start small profit big in real estate

Building wealth one house at a time

How to landlord on autopilot

Cash flow quadrant

From 0 to 130 properties in 3.5 years

Millionaire real estate investor

Trump style negotiation

Section 8 bible

Missed fortune 101

Make it big

40 secrets to success

Estimating rehab costs (on bigger pockets) flipping book

Think and grow rich

How I turned a 1,000 into 5,000,000 by William Nickerson

The ABC's of real estate investing

Getting things done by David Allen

Numbers book

Complete guide to real estate finance for investors

Real estate investments and how to make them : by tanzer

36 hour in investing course

How I turned 1,000 to 3 million

Money academy for couples

36 other key finical measures

Free ebook

Ten commandments for real estate investors

Rich dad poor dad

David books

Trump art of the comeback

Art of the deal

Snowball warren Buffy and the business of life

The intelligent investor 1940's

Seven habits of highly effective people

Fixing and flipping real estate strategies for the post boom marketplace

Getting things done

Think and grow rich

Essential handbook for landlords

The secrets of the millionaire mind

Real leaders don't do PowerPoint

E myth and e myth revisited

How to win at the sport of business

Serious creativity

The four hour work week

The four agreements

Crush it

See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Visalia, CA · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 20 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Bryan S.:

    @Monique O'Dell

    Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink

    Thank you!

  • Investor · Spring City, PA · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 41 votes
    6y

    @Monique O'Dell looks like you’ll have a lot of reading to do. Great question. I used to read so much back in the day but now I rarely find something that catches my attention. One book i couldn’t put down was The Surrender Experiment by Michael Singer. It’s all based on his life and incredible read. He went from living in a van off of a student stipend to flying in his jet.

  • Stoneham, MA · Member since 2017 · 56 posts · 186 votes
    6y

    Rich Dad Poor Dad is my all time favorite...

    I also just finished:

    The 5 day weekend

    You are a badass at making money

    Life Scale

    The turnkey revolution

    Books currently in the que:

    Long Distance Real Estate Investing

    The 4 hour workweek

    Company of One

    Business Adventures: 12 classic tales from the world of Wall Street

    The Alchemist

  • Rental Property Investor · Visalia, CA · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 20 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Pankaj Sharma:

    @Monique O'Dell looks like you’ll have a lot of reading to do. Great question. I used to read so much back in the day but now I rarely find something that catches my attention. One book i couldn’t put down was The Surrender Experiment by Michael Singer. It’s all based on his life and incredible read. He went from living in a van off of a student stipend to flying in his jet.

    Oh that's very intriguing! I can't wait! 

    Yes, you are right.. my list is very long. I am thrilled with all the recommendations! I am so busy usually that sitting down and reading has been very challenging. BUT, now that I have found AUDIBLE.com, there is no looking back..LOL.. I am living with my earbuds in my ears daily! ;-)

  • Investor · Spring City, PA · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 41 votes
    6y

    He also wrote Untethered Soul which is big on audible but I recommend the Surrender Experiment in terms of growing a business and the magical process of life

  • Wayne BrownPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2018 · 41 posts · 19 votes
    6y

    @Monique O'Dell Rich Dad Poor Dad and Set for Life were great at getting me on the right path mentally. I'll read them every year for the rest of my life.

  • Rental Property Investor · Visalia, CA · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    @Wayne Brown thanks Wayne!

  • Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Monique O'Dell

    Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

    Grit by Angela Duckworth

    The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson

  • Ryan FlanneryPro Member
    Real Estate Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2008 · 20 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    @Monique O.

    Living With a Seal by Jesse Itzler

    Great on audible.  Very inspiring.  

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    @Eric C.

    Thank you

  • Rental Property Investor · Visalia, CA · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    I will be listing/reading every suggestion.. thank you everyone! Please keep the titles coming as you read more!! I am currently listening to Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki. What an incredible book. So much great info. I have to say, I will never look at people the same!!! LOL I find myself wanting to label everyone by quadrants now! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.